"Well, he's certainly better than a greaser" your friend mumbled. That got you upset. Very upset. Like when you tell your friend that you have a crush on someone and they say "Ew, you like him!?" Yea, just like that.

Ugh.

Upon reaching Dairy Queen, something in the window caught your eye.

It was HIM.

The funny guy from the drive-in movie.

He was here.

"Well, aren't ya coming?"

You didn't move. More like you couldn't.

You just kept looking back and forth between your friend and that guy.

"Hey! C'mon!"

Your friend grabbed your arm and pulled you into the diner. Immediately getting the attention of that guy's friends. And one of them seemed to recognize you, as they nudged the funny guy and nodded their head in your direction.

"Where do you want to sit?"

"Umm... anywhere" you replied.

"Okay, lets see... there's an open booth over there, a table right there, or a-"

"The booth" you replied a little too fast, getting a strange look in return.

"Alright, booth it is."

The booth was two down from where the funny guy was sitting with his group of friends. You sat facing their table, where you could see the guy perfectly.

Upon sitting down, you noticed that guy was staring at you and smiling.

Instantly, you felt your face getting hot.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Huh? Yea..." you replied, averting your gaze from his eyes to your friend.

"Is he here?"

"He?"

"You know... the dreamy greaser guy?" You nodded as a nervous smile spread across your face. "Well, where is he?"

"He's two booths away from us" you replied, fixing your shirt, making sure you look good. "How do I look?"

Your friend sat back and raised an eyebrow at you.

"This guy really made an impression on you, hasn't he?" You nodded. She sighed. "Okaay, I got this" she said, as she started sliding out of the booth.

"Wait, where are you going??"

"I'm going to the restroom, which means you'll be here, alone, for about 10 - 15 minutes, got it?" she said, loud enough for most of the diner to hear.

She gave you a wink before walking off.

And that's when you saw him sliding out of his booth, and walking over to you.

"Say, don't I know you?"

"I can't say you do" you replied, looking up at him.

"I'm positive I do. I never forget a pretty face" he said, immediately making you smile.

"You don't say."

"Yea. I told you I'd see you again real soon." You chuckled. "Name's Two-Bit."

"Its a pleasure to meet you, Two-Bit" you said, giving him a warm smile.

"Pleasure's all mine."

Steve