Chapter Two: Regret, or not?

Oliver

Yes, I admit, it was a stupid idea to dance with Daniel Reece. Under normal circumstances, I would never have done that. But there I was, in the middle of a dance floor trying insanely hard not to draw attention to the hard-on I had from... basically having sex with him in the middle of a crowded room. Sure, there had been clothes in the way, and I didn't exactly walk away totally satiated from the whole experience. The only thing I could think of doing was finding Serah and getting the hell out of Daniel's house. Why didn't I listen to Adam and just... not go with her? It's because I always want to give the girl the benefit of the doubt. Of course, whenever I agree to anything involving her, something questionably legal things happen.

Like underaged drinking.

Fuck, I could barely see straight as I tried my hardest not to stumble away from the junior I had just been dancing with. I'm not going to lie; it had been so amazing all I wanted to do was jump him. Daniel was easily the hottest guy at Brightwood High. And I had probably finished my third round of rum and coke. Not only did I already want to vomit, but I had managed to forget myself completely. Apparently, when I'm drunk I turn into an uber confident playboy type. Great.

Never drinking again.

The words echoed in my head with some weird distortion because fuck if I could properly think. Fuck fuck fuckitty fuck fuck. How the hell was I going to even show my face at school when I woke up in the morning? Most of the popular crowd was there, which means there wouldn't be a single clueless soul in school by the end of first period.

"Oi, Mr. I'm-so-Drink!" I squeezed my eyes shut as I kept walking at full speed; Serah was not what I needed right now, no matter how good her intentions were. Of course, I'm also apparently Mr. Way-Too-Nice, and I slowed down for the short blonde. I almost face planted when she smacked right into me, causing a freezing cold beer to spill all over my back.

"Shit," She gasped and immediately unzipped the black hoodie she was wearing; probably to cover up her ridiculous cleavage in the black... corestty.. Thing she was wearing. What? I'm gay, not a fashionista. A normally outfit is my red Converse, black jeans, and whatever tshirt I have lying around. Some were freebies from friends and different events I'd attended over the years. That night I'd thought it'd be a funny idea to wear one of my stupid band shirts since the party I was going to was being held at the abode of our school's... Prince? Not sure that would be the right term to describe him, but... it's the closest I've got. "I'm so sorry, Ollie."

"Yeah, well, your hoodie will make up for it," I smirked at her as I peeled off the offending shirt sticking to my skin. A chill wrapped around me, and it wasn't from the cold. I turned my gaze back to the house that I'd just exited, but there was just a small group of jocks taking turns chugging beers. Ugh, talk about getting a jump start on fraternity binge drinking. I shook my head and turned back to blondie; I wasn't being watched. "Because I am not freezing my ass off all the way back to your place."

"Oh, you're not too drink to walk?" I huffed at her little playful teasing tone.

"Would you stop that? I said it once, like six months ago." I snatched the floral smelling jacket from my best friend and reached into the pockets. "And you need to stop stuffing receipts in your hoodie and never taking them out."

Bright, big blue eyes stared up at me as she took another swig of her mostly empty hipster beer.

"Well, I can't help it; it was hilarious," She chuckled, amusement lighting up her smile. "I mean, two drinks and you couldn't even speak without giggling."

"Well, that's because you had them make me two giant long island iced teas," I snapped back, trying to protect what little dignity I didn't have. "So of course I was stone ass drunk."