The Lacerta Files

It was midnight when my mother rushed into my room frantically pulling me out and shoving me under the bed.

"Listen to me Stephanie." She craddled my face in her hands. "I need you to hide under your bed and no matter what happens don't come out. You need to be as quiet as possible there are some bad men coming and if they find you they will hurt you." I nodded and followed her instructions. I could feel my mother frantically making my bed in an effort to make it appear as if no one had slept in it tonight. I could hear banging on the downstairs door and soon heard what sounded like the door being knocked off its hinges. My mother ran out of my room and I could hear distinct voices mixed in with my father's shouting. The door to my room shortly reopened.

"Where is she?" An unfamiliar voiced asked.

"We already told you, tonight she had a sleepover at a friend's house." My father calmy stated.

"Then I guess we'll have to go with the second persuasion plan." I heard a scuffle and then my mother's scream pierced the silence. I felt preasure on my back and the bed sheet infront of me became crimsom. My mother, it was my mother's blood. I bit my hand in an effort to hold in my scream, if they found me I was sure my blood would mix with hers.

"No!" My father screamed.

"Unless you have the boss' money we'll just have to go find that pretty little daughter of yours. How old is she? Fourteen? Perhaps we can have a little fun beforehand." I cringed at the thought of what they might do to me, if I was found. But money what money were they speaking of? As far as I knew my father never owed anyone money. It all clicked into place as to why my mother had asked me to hide. They were protecting me because they knew these bad people would use me against my father. With a hand over my mouth I sobbed and tears cascaded down my face.

"Please just give me a few more days. I can get you the money by tomorrow morning. Please I just need time!"

"The boss gave you plenty o' time. You either hand over the money now or we find yo' daughter at her little sleepover and slaughter them all."

"No please just tell him to give me until tomorrow morning." There was a silence and I thought that the man was considering it.

"Yo boss Mark here says he aint got yo money but want to know if you'll give him till tomorro mornin'." There was a short pause. "Yeah I understand boss, sorry to bother you." I heard the distinct sound of a cell phone being shut. "Boss said forget you he don't wanna deal with you no more." I heard the sound of a gun being cocked.

"No please no! I have jewelry of va-" he was cut off by the sound of a gun shot. I bit my hand again to hold in my scream.

"Are we going to go find the girl?" Another male voice asked.

"Nah boss said he don't wanna deal with this family no more. The girl got nothin' he wants, now let's go I could go for a burger and shake right now." I couldn't believe that the man had murdered my parents in cold blood was thinking about eating. What kind of heartless bastard was he? My mother's blood began to drip into a puddle, the puddle of blood edged close to me as I tried to move away from it, I hit my head on the metal foot of the bed and yelped. I was immediately yanked out from under.

"What do we have here? I though you were 'pose to be at a sleepover?" I felt as if I was staring into the devil's eyes when I saw the man's blue orbs. His eyes were an inhumane color of blue almost white. I tried to fight against him but he had me sucured by the base of my braid.

"Maybe now we can have that fun you were talking about Ralo." I shifted my gaze to the other man standing by the door. He was a direct contrast to the man that was infrong me. He had dark skin and the darkest brown eyes.