Our Bond

Bid me to love, and I will give a loving heart to thee. ~ Robert Herrick

Matt had arrived at the lodge with Emily, carrying her things along with his. No surprise, ever since they've been together it was like he was willing to do everything for her.
"Hey! Watch it!" Emily watched Matt fumble with her bag, catching at the last moment. "Do you even know how expensive that bag was? I refuse to let it be tarnished up here, and if you think you can just-" Matt sighed, tossing their things on to one of the picnic tables, he sat down rubbing his face in distress,he was tired and aggrivated.
"Matt? What are you doing? The last time I checked this wasn't the lodge." He shook his head,standing up staring her dead in the eyes."Listen Em, I care about you so much. I do all of this for you even when I don't have to but I DO. Does that mean anything to you? I...I've been jealous I'll be honest,I've been trying to tone it down but it hasn't been easy. I just...feel like a replacement."

Emily's brows furrowed, she looked aghast. "A replacement? Matt your being ridiculous. You know I love you. Now can we please get inside I'm freezing." Matt shook his head.

"No see that's it. I know you love me. It's the fact that I'm having such a hard time believing you do. It's just the thought of me loving you so much, and caring for you,and staying SO loyal to you, for you to just turn around and take it like it was nothing. Leave me as if I never cared. I just feel like I haven't been an important necessity in your life...just another one of those typical boyfriends. I want to stay with you Em,for a long time. I just want to know that you care and you would do the same for me...."

He looked up at her, tears rolling down her cheeks as she quickly wiped them away,he couldn't stand to see her cry.

"Matt...I'm sorry...I'm so...sorry... You shouldn't have to feel like our relationship is in danger 24/7. And I know I don't make that the easiest, but I'm over Mike I swear. Out of all the people you should be the one I'm less bitchy with...It's just a struggle...It's forgot all that you do for me and how much you care. But believe me, if anything were to happen between us, I would care deeply. Because I love you Matt. No matter how I'm acting,or feeling I always will..." Matt let out a short laugh,gently embracing her as he kissed her gently on the lips, warming her from the shivering cold.

She pressed her face against is strong protective chest, holding on as if she could stand there with him forever...In his loving arms.