Interview Time!

-So I shall begin with a few questions for the ones that haven't read your book yet. Tell me a bit about the plot 

The plot, in its most basic form, is about a quiet girl who accepts a favour from the schools 'Golden Boy'. The story is about the life-changing journey they take together and how they find love. 

-This is your first story on Wattpad. How did you come up with the idea?

Yes, this is my first story on Wattpad. Well, I basically came up with the idea whilst I was reading a book. Most writers get inspiration from their experiences and what they would like to see in a book. I think the 'fake relationship' concept was something that I'd look forward to reading, so I took off from there. I'm just happy there were others who also liked to see this type of concept. 

-Do you relate with any of the characters? What do you have in common?

I think I relate with every single character. I've created all these characters, so every character is- literally- a part of me. But, I do think that I relate with Justin the most. His closed and reserved nature is definitely what I think we both share. I think we both are very cautious in who we trust and we're not very social.

-Alexis is a girl with Aplastic Anaemia. How does she feel, not knowing what to expect from tomorrow? How did she reach the point to accept death?

Yes. She has Aplastic Anaemia. I think anyone with an illness (God bless them) doesn't know what to expect from tomorrow. I believe they'd always assume the worst. You know the famous saying- 'live like there's no tomorrow'. I think, to us, it's just a saying. But, to them, it's what they live by. I think it's the same for Alexis. Alexis accepted her death when she first turned 17. It was triggered by her parents not being able to pay the bills. This, followed by a cascade of events e.g mom stops working, dad doesn't go abroad, Alexis realising no one will miss her etc, leads to Alexis thinking that the world would be better off without her.

  -What hides behind Aaron's behavior? How does he feel about the incident on a whole and every day separate?

 Aaron's behaviour- that's a difficult thing to talk about. Although being the author, I can't begin to imagine what's behind people's behaviour, even if I created his character myself. It may not seem so, but Aaron is very sensitive. He has to have a sort of 'macho' facade because of what social pressure dictates, but- underneath all that exterior- a lot of things get to him. The loss of his Dad took a big toll on him and even Avalon leaving had upset him greatly. I can only begin to imagine how someone would feel if their only wall of certainty was taken away. This is like what happened to Aaron when his mom passed away. For all those years, she was all that he had. She was his rock and for her to leave, suddenly, was very upsetting for Aaron. The last rock he has in his life is, believe it or not, Alexis. -

Alexis always refuses to take treatment. If her family was wealthier would she still refuse?

Alexis has refused treatment on many accounts, yes. The reason for this is because she has seen what getting the treatments has done for those around her- her mom and her dad. It has torn her family apart financially. If she was wealthier, there is a higher likelihood she would have taken it. But, remember, another reason she didn't take the treatment was because she realised that no one, apart from her mom and dad, would care if she died. So, I guess it depends on friendship as well. 

-To my surprise, Elliot turns out to be the bad guy (amazing twist!). Did you plan that from the beginning? 

I had planned Elliot to be evil from the beginning. It was always planned that Elliot was the one that slept with Avalon, so- yes- he was evil from the beginning. The only reason he came back was to exact his revenge on Aaron for humiliating him in front of the school. He used Alexis for this. He never really liked her.

  -Over the chapters, Justin gets closer with Alexis, to a point she reveals him the truth. How did they become from strangers to... well, kinda friends? How does Justin feel about her?

I think the transition that they made from being strangers to friends was very subtle. As you probably know, Justin is a very observant character (unlike Danny). Justin grew more fond of Alexis after seeing how good she was for Aaron (as opposed to the usual sluts he gets with). He is Aaron's friend. He wants the best for him. He grew more fond of her in the chapter 'Mr. Antisocial and the Flying M'n'M'. In this chapter, she helped him even when he was very cold with her. Justin saw this as an admirable quality. She even helps him with some lady problems! After a while, Justin becomes less cautious around her joining their group. He just doesn't like new people coming into his life. In the most recent chapters, you can see Justin is more at ease when with her. Of course, he's still a little bit reserved, but that's just his antisocial nature.

  - This will be my last question for now, as the book is not complete yet. Do you have a new story in mind, for after you complete this one? I'm pretty sure everyone is excited to know :D

Well, I haven't thought of writing a new one. I have a couple of ideas, but I want to be more prepared when writing my next story. I know what to expect now. I have thought about writing a spin off story for characters that are fan-favourites e.g. Justin. I don't know yet though. Only time will tell!

..........................................................................................................................................................................

I'd like to thank that amazing writer,ToTheExtreme95 , for accepting to be my first interview. It means a lot :) Make sure you follow her!

I hope you guys liked it!

Make sure to comment your suggestions, as well as the writers you want me to interview next :)

Vote, comment and fan if you enjoyed it!