Chapter 4: Navillera

Words left you as you watched the poster. Your face became washed blank with confusion, like your brain cogs couldn't turn fast enough to take in the information from your wide eyes. Kim Taehyung and Kim Seokjin in the flesh, right before your very eyes. You gasped, immediately placing both your hands against your lips to stop yourself from cursing. 

And that was when every muscle of your body just froze before a grin crept onto your face, it soon stretched from one side to the other showing your teeth, "That's messed up" was all you could say.

You immediately headed inside, mumbling the same words "No way!" in repeat. It was at that moment that miss Yuan placed her hand on your shoulder, raising one eyebrow as she asked "Are you okay?" and you could only nod and reply "Yes. Absolutely."

"Doesn't sound like it" she chuckled and signaled you to take a seat "Sit down, I have something to discuss with you."

In that moment, a man was also standing right behind you. He was smiling and he nodded to greet you. Of course, you nodded back in respect, then both he and miss Yuan sat down in the opposite side of you, both having wide grins on their faces.

"What is this about?" You questioned.

The two glanced at one another, nodding like they had telepathy, at the same time as if they rehearsed it. Miss Yuan then smiled "Y/N, this is Bang Si Hyuk, otherwise known as Bang PD-nim, the CEO & Founder of Big Hit. Also the Entertainment, Lyricist, Composer, Producer & Record Executive."

"Anyeong" he smiled.

"A-anyeong," you replied "What business do you have with me, sir Bang?"

"Ah, well, here's the thing" he exchanged glances with miss Yuan and she nodded. Afterwards, he looked back at you "I was told that you're a talented girl. BigHit doesn't really accept females anymore, it's not due to feminism, it's that... We had a problem with our previous girl group."

"Ah, I've heard of them from my friend," you replied "Glam. It's a girl group that debuted in 2012 under the management of your company, BigHit Entertainment and Source Music. It consisted of five members: Zinni, Trinity, Jiyeon, Dahee, and Miso. Glam disbanded in 2015 after a court found Dahee guilty of blackmailing actor Lee Byung-hun."

"Oh, you know it well" Bang PD-nim sighed "We decided not to have another girl group after that but... After hearing so many praises from miss Yuan about you, we decided that it might be worth a shot."

"Wait, what?" you stared back "What do you mean about that?"

"Ahh... Well..." he sighed and glanced at miss Yuan one more time before proceeding "Actually, miss Y/N L/N, we would like to recruit you."

"What? M-me?!" you replied in shock.

"Yes, you" miss Yuan replied "Think about it Y/N! Being a huge star in the same company as the great Bang Tan Sonyeondan! Plus, being a part of BigHit's first girl group after the disband of Glam!"

"Wait, wait, wait... Are you telling me to--"

"Of course, it's not so easy with just auditions these days..." Bang PD-nim replied "I want to test you."

"Test? Me?" you replied in both shock and confusion, pointing yourself with wide eyes and an opened mouth "No, no, no... I--" and you were cut mid-sentence when all of a sudden; "You'll have to join Produce 101, Y/N" giggled miss Yuan which made your jaw drop in an instant.

"No, no, no, no, no" you gasped and stood up at once only to have miss Yuan stop you from walking "I-I can't do this!"

If I do, mom and dad will find out about my whereabouts!

Then Bang PD-nim looked at you and sighed "You don't have to worry if you ever feel left out, it's your first time after all. But not to worry! Because the next season is the involvement of Big Hit Entertainment. CJ E&M and Big Hit Entertainment have recently agreed to running a joint venture called 'Belief'."

Miss Yuan nodded "That's right. The winners of 'Produce X 101' will be managed by CJ E&M but will have their music produced by Big Hit Entertainment."

No, that's not the case!

You shook your head "Still, I'm afraid I'll have to reject the offer. Miss Yuan, Bang PD-nim, I'm terribly sorry. You came all this way to invite me, but I'm afraid I can't."

"Oh, I see... Well, that's too bad" Bang PD-nim replied.

"Y/N is there something bothering you?" she asked "With your talent and all, it's hard to imagine that you'd reject such a huge offer given to you."

"I'm sorry ma'am, but it's just not in my forte. I can dance and sing, but I don't do so to entertain..." saying that, you remembered your past "Being just a normal waitress is right up my alley, madam... It's hard to believe, but I'm happy with what I'm doing right now."

Miss Yuan sighed, then she nodded "Okay, I understand. But if you ever change your mind..." she then glanced at Bang PD-nim.

He stood up and handed his card over to you "You can always call us."

You smiled sadly, accepting his card "Thank you... Though I doubt I'll be using this" then you slid it into your pocket.

"You know where to find us" Bang PD-nim smiled "Yuan, I'm off."

"Thank you for visiting, Bang" Yuan bowed in respect as he exited the building, then she looked at you "Think it through, okay?"

You nodded "I will, miss Yuan" you smiled, walking away. But what is there to think about? You made your mind already didn't you? Be a normal person, live a normal life. To live the life you had always wanted to live with since you were a child. You sighed, wondering what would have had happened if you had accepted it. "Wait, what am I thinking?" you sighed and shook your head "Of course I'm gonna decline the offer. I... I don't want to be a star."

"Y/N?" a familiar voice called out.

"H-huh?" you stopped on your tracks, finding yourself standing closely with the person who had just called your name. Slowly, you looked up, only to find Seokjin gazing back into your eyes worriedly, eyes that of the ocean- not blue in color, but instead full of worries. "Seok... Jin..." was all that you could say.