Once Upon a Coffeeshop [One Shot]

"You know you're in love when you finally meet the one who will make you put down that book and live your own fairytale” ― Torin N. Tabor

I was busy looking outside the transparent wall—the barrier to reality, in my coffee shop. As if I was trapped and I do not want to go out... not unless he’s with me.

One thing is for sure... I’m the biggest loser in this world for letting him go.

It happened one summer afternoon when I was sitting in this same table talking to my boyfriend named Harold. He was nice... or I guess he was.

Then he goes, “I’m breaking up with you.”

Me being me, almost blew my coffee. My mother was watching from afar knowing there’s a problem so I asked, “Harold, what’s the problem?”

“It’s not me... it’s you,” he said.

Me being me again answered, “fuck you.” That was rude. Yes, but that’s the common line of people breaking up, right? That’s bullshit.

“Sorry.”

“Shut up,” of course, I’m Verone, nobody wants to see me broken—no, I just want to let him see that I’m perfectly fine. Just note sarcasm.

“We’re over.”

“I know. Kakasabi mo lang,” I said bitterly.

We were cut off when his phone rang.

“Yes, baby. Yes, I’m breaking up with her. Okay, love you.”

I was mentally slapped. Stupid me, buti pa siya, may iba na.

Yes I was sad... I was broken... but I’m strong. I don’t want to pity myself in the end for being a stupid asshole. I hate this attitude of mine.

LATER that night, I went to bed with pain in my chest. I don’t know if I’m fooling myself for being a jerk a second ago then being a broken hearted gal next second.

I cried and cried. Not until my mother went in my room and stroked my back saying, “Verone... someday you’ll get over him.”