"What were you doing the night if the. Pirate attack" Nat asked.

"If you must know I was throwing up. I have a weak stomach" he said. That was so fake. A horrible excuse to be part of a giant operation gone wrong...or right. Depending on who's side you're on. Jasper took another step back and started flapping his arms like a chicken when he almost fell. It was the end if the line. Steve grabbed his collar just in time.

"Stop lying" he said, his cold tone matching his face perfectly. Jasper almost laughed.

"What are you going to do? Throw me off the roof? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not really your style" Jasper said smugly. Steve's expression softened as he let Jasper go.

" you're right. It's not my style. It's more of a girl thing" Steve said taking a step back. Jaspers eyes widened as I kicked his feet out from under him and Nat pushed him hard over the edge of the roof. Jaspers screams slowly faded as he fell. The three of us just stood in silence.

"So...that chick from accounting. The one with the tattoo, she's kinda cute" said Nat casually.

"Not really my type" Steve said.

"So you have a type now?" I asked. Nat let out a laugh. That was all we had time to do before Jaspers screams grew louder. In seconds he was rolling along the concrete of the roof as Sam landed behind him gracefully. His wings folding back into his pack. The three if us advanced and by the looks of things, Jasper was very scared.

"Zola's algorithm is a program. It's responsible for choosing targets for project insight" Jasper said.

"Which targets?" I snapped.

"Him, her, Bruce Banner, Steven Strange, Peter Parker, Reed Richards, Tony Stark anyone who is a threat" He said. I froze. Tony?!

"What does it do with it's targets?" I asked.

"It eliminates the threat. Just like it was designed to do. But I'm sure you know that" Jasper said. I couldn't believe it. I put a target on my own brothers back. I didn't need to hear any more. I grabbed Jaspers tie and dragged him downstairs to the car. I threw him in the back seat and got in myself.

"Drive" I demanded once everyone had gotten in. Sam took the wheel and took us out onto the highway.

"What do we do now?" Natasha asked.

"Isn't it obvious? Shut down insight" I said.

"It's not that simple. It takes more then a----" Jasper never finished his sentence. I screamed as the window next to me smashed and a metal hand threw Jasper out of the car. A metal hand...

"He's here!" I yelled as bullets flew into the car from above. Steve quickly pushed the hand breaks forward and the figure fell off the car.

"Who is that?" Sam yelled at me.

"The winter soldier" I said back, fear visible in my voice. Just then a large Jeep ran into us from behind, pushing us towards the figure. I screamed as he jumped, holding onto the roof of our car.

Sam!" Steve yelled.

"Working on it!" Sam yelled back, trying in vein to gain control of the steering. I saw the metal hand ready itself in the mirror.

"Watch out!" I screamed as the hand broke through the glass and pulled out the steering wheel.

"Shit!" Sam screamed as glass sprayed all over us. And with that the winter soldier was riding the other car. I looked at him in fear and saw him point his gun towards me. I threw open the door and jumped out of the still moving car. I rolled on the road for a few minutes before stopping. I could see Steve, Nat and Sam already out of the car and in seconds Steve was by my side, helping me up.

"Stay out of the way" Steve warned.

"I can fight, I can take care of myself. Just let me help" I begged. Steve turned and pressed his lips firmly against mine. At first I was taken by surprise but then I kissed back. His hands grasping my waist and my fingers tangling in his hair. All too soon he pulled back

"I know. But I can't risk loosing you" Steve whispered. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes. "Stay away" he begged. I nodded and he let me go. Flicking his shield up he looked at me.

"Don't do anything stupid" I warn. Steve laughs.

"I can't promise that ma'am" he says, running back to Nat as I took cover. Despite the current situation I couldn't help but smile.

He felt the same way...after all this time.