29. Pumpkin Spice Latte

Start from the beginning

"Hey?" I heard a small whisper in my right ear, tickling it. My shoulder hunched up to make the tickling sensation go away and sure enough I felt warmth move away from me.

"You are taking your revenge on me, huh?" It was weird that I kept hearing Brandon's voice through my hazy mind. I tried to make sense of his words, but it was too much of hard work. Cool air hit my legs, and in my sleepy state I realized that I was still wearing the gown. And also that my one leg was over the other. Which meant a lot was on display.

Before I could act on it, two layers of blankets fell on me and I woke up, startled.

"Brandon!" I screamed as a reflex, making me realize how habitual his presence had become.

"What! What did I do?" He peeled away the blankets from my face and I glared at him.

"You dropped these on me!"

"But I-I thought you would be cold-"

"You are hopeless! First I had to cancel the cruise plan and now you are going around poking me here and there." I crossed my arms over my chest, at once feeling guilty for blaming him. But now that I had crossed the line, I couldn't back down. "Why did you throw these on me?"

"Y-your g-gown got up and you weren't waking up, so I-I-" He blushed.

"Oh," I said, more than embarrassed.

"I should shut up," he mumbled.

"You should," I replied, looking away. We stared in space for a few awkward minutes. He got up and finally put away the blankets on the bed, and I hurriedly straightened my gown.

"About the cruise, I am sorry. You should have woken me up, even if it meant putting ice cold water on me." He turned sheepish, sitting on the edge of the sofa chair, next to me.

"I'll remember it for the next time."

"Am I forgiven?" He bumped his shoulder with me, giving me those droopy puppy eyes.

"Well," I drawled on, not wanting to let go of the upper hand.

"I promise I'll make it up somehow."

"But I especially dressed for it today, and it was to be a dinner from a chef--"

"Wait here." He got up and grabbed his phone and wallet.

"Where are you going? It's almost ten o'clock." I pointed to the wall clock, and he nodded.

"I'll be back, don't you go anywhere." He warned and was out of the room.

"Okay," I said to myself as the door slammed shut.

Passing time on my phone, I thought of a nice bath. There was no point keeping the makeup and dress on if we were going to be in the room. But, what if-? Nah, it couldn't be possible, where would we go this late?

Though thoroughly sure that there was no chance of going out, I kept my dress and makeup on. Just in case.

Twenty seven minutes and fifty seconds later, just because I had been counting, Brandon opened the door. I stood up when I noticed his hands overflowing with items. He didn't let me take anything and put everything on the main table.

Popcorn, movie DVD's, soda, gum, plastic cups and plates decorated the room. It wasn't hard to guess what they all meant.

"A romantic movie night with your boyfriend, in a hotel room in Singapore with unlimited popcorn and soda instead of a boring cruise amidst a crowd of people? I did well, right?" He fluttered his eyelashes and smiled, and I wanted to murder the one who taught him that.