The door burst open then and three guards rushed into the room. Two immediately went to Chase while one made his way to me.

The guard grabbed my arm and threw me back with great strength and I hit the floor with a hard thud. Pain erupted in my head, throbbing intensely. Everything blurred slightly and I could taste blood in my mouth.

I could see Chase fighting off his guards to get to me right before the guard kicked me in my stomach.

"Hey!" Chase yelled, tackling the guard to the ground.

He got away from the guards and pulled me up, throwing me into the box as quickly as he could. The box closed up and shot upwards, sending me to Newt.

The blackness returned and I floated along in my subconscious mostly aware of everything happening around me. Newt was laying beside me, his arms wrapped around me tightly as he had done when the trembling had first taken over my body. I could hear a faint voice speaking quietly but I couldn't make out any words. After a moment of listening though I could tell the person talking was Thomas. And then I heard a reply.

"Shut up shank!"

Minho.

I smiled internally at my friends willing my body to let me wake. I was done being in the dark, I was ready to be awake again and away from my memories. I didn't need to see anymore.

My hand rested against my cheek in hopes of calming the fiery burn Jansen's hand had left. I watched him pace angrily in front of me, back and forth before he stopped and turned to face me once again. I shrank back against the wall and pulled my legs up to my chest, favoring my now broken ankle.

"I don't like hurting you Clara but you need to learn how to cooperate!" He sighed and started pacing again.

I looked around the white room before looking back at the monster in front of me. I hated this isolation room nearly as much as I hated Jansen.

"Your cooperation is expected but not necessarily needed. As you know by now we don't want to kill you since you're still very valuable to us but Clara, we only need you alive. Nothing more. Do try your best to keep that in mind. Acting foolish as you have been won't get you anywhere except in here with injuries. Am I clear?"

I barely registered the words he was saying as I focused on the most recent memory I had of Newt and I. He had snuck into my room the night before he was sent into the maze. We talked the entire night before he had to leave and he left me a sobbing mess when morning came.

Pain suddenly erupted in my head and I screamed out, falling to the ground with the forcefulness of the attack.

"Listen to me when I speak to you!" Jansen angrily spat at me. He reared back and kicked me again only this time in my side. My arms wrapped around my stomach weakly as I nodded to him in response.

"That's more like it! Remember, we just need you alive. Nothing more!" He stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind him and leaving me a broken mess on the floor.

My eyes opened suddenly and I took in a deep, staggered breath.

"Clara?" Newt appeared above me then and he smiled down at me.

My eyes remained on his as I struggled to escape my memories and stay with him this time. After the last memory I could go a lifetime without knowing anything else about my past.

"Are you alright love?" He asked quietly, lightly caressing my cheek.

My vision slightly blurred and I felt myself being dragged back into the blackness. I whimpered and struggled to stay with him, squeezing his hand tightly.