Charter 1

"Wake up Quintimbra. You don't want to be late for the first day of school" my mom screamed for my doorway.

"Ok Ma" I replied with a slight attitude hoping she wouldn't hear me.

I quickly hopped out of bed and started my personal hygiene routine getting ready for my very first day of high school. Even though I dreaded school starting, I was so excited. After 30 minutes passed, I ended my shower session and made my way over to my closet. I finally chose to wear my black high waisted shorts, a white bandeau, black jean jacket, and  the last black and white Jordan's. I curled my waist length hair that I inherited from my mixture of being Dominican and Black. Finally, I checked myself out one final time and headed downstairs to my parents.

"Bye Mom, Bye Dad!" I shouted swiftly going towards the front door

"Hey! Stop right there young lady! Where do you think your going with that on." My father looked me up and down in disgust.

"Obviously to school dad"

"Watch how you talk to me. This is the last time you'll get to wear something like this to school. Understand?" He preached

"Yes I understand Daddy"

As I walked towards my bus stop, I heard "psst yo lil mama when you gon be mine?" I simply ignored the ignorant behavior of that nigga.

Sooner than later, my bus arrived and dropped us at school

"Timbra!!" some unknown person's voice shouted down the hallway. I searched for the person who called me and then saw my best friend Laylony who I also call Laylay.

"Hey Laylay babe"

She waved and we walked to our first class together.

"Everyone please be seated so we can begin class." Our teacher Mr. Cooper tried to get the class to calm down.

While he was going over the rules, everyone got quiet. I turned to see why and my jaws dropped. This tall, lightskin boy walked in. I noticed his fine ass had on a similar outfit as I did. Laylay and I looked at each other and smirked.