Sakura (Vampire Knight Fan-Fiction)

Prologue:

An old woman walks out of a cabin. “Sakura! It’s time for supper!” The Old Woman yells out into the forest and looks around. A cool wind breezes through the trees but no one answers. The Old Woman waits a few more seconds but still no answer. “Where is that girl?” The Old Woman asks herself. “Sakura!” The Old Woman calls out and once again no answer follows. Another cool breeze. A tree branch snaps and The Old Woman looks around. “Sakura?” She calls out questioningly. A movement near a tree’s shadow catches her eye. She squints to see if she can make out anything. She catches another movement and sees an outline of a woman. She exhales in relief. “Sakura get your butt out of there and inside before the food gets cold!” The Old Woman calls out to the woman. Sakura laughs and walks out. “I was just practicing my stalking.” Sakura says with an innocent look on her face. “Are you trying to send me to an early grave? And furthermore do I look like I’m your prey young lady? I raised you therefore do not think of me as your prey again do you understand? Now come inside.” The Old Woman says and walks towards the door. “I’m sorry it’s just…I haven’t had human blood since you took me in after…” Sakura trails off when a cool wind brushes across her face. “I understand why, you don’t have to open a wound that has just barely healed.” The Old Woman states and looks at Sakura. “Are you okay? What is it? What’s wrong?” The Old Woman asks. Sakura doesn’t answer. “Sak--” The Old Woman is cut off. “Get inside. Don’t come out until I come back.” Sakura states, runs to the side of the cabin, grabs her Bow and Arrows, and runs in the direction of the breeze. “Sakura!” The Old Woman yells for her but it’s too late.

Chapter 1

Sakura’s P.O.V.

That scent…I know that scent…but why would he be here? It couldn’t be him, he had abandoned me…If it is him then what does he want? I keep running. Once I am closer to the scent I stop and look around. I smell blood. I lift up one foot at a time to see if it is me and find a scratch on my right. I must’ve cut myself when I was running. I start hearing footsteps coming closer and climb the nearest tree. While I’m climbing a branch breaks, falls to the ground, and I freeze. A figure appears at the bottom of the tree I’m in. I take the opportunity to bring out my Bow, load it with an Arrow from the holder, and aim it at his head. The scent hits me again and this time I know it’s His scent. A flashback hits me just as I’m about to launch the Arrow.

Flashback starts

I was shaken awake about 12 A.M. and my name was called by Kaname. He had been the one who woke me up. “Sorry I had to wake you. We have to go.” Kaname had said. “We? What about Yuuki?” I had asked. “Don’t worry about Yuuki, Mother is with her. Let me go get your shoes and then I’ll be back.” He had said to me. He had left for a few seconds and came back with them. He helped me put them on. Then he had helped me to my feet, took my hand, and led me out to the car that had been out front of our estate waiting for us. He lifted me into the car and had gotten in after me. Once we had gotten into the car I had fallen asleep with my head rested on his lap. Once we were there he had woken me up again and helped me up. He then jumped out of the car. I followed him and had jumped out just as he had done. He let out a single chuckle. Once my eyes had adjusted to the early morning light I looked around. I couldn’t figure out where we were. There was nothing but trees around us. I caught a movement and looked. An old woman was looking at me. I tried to hide behind Kaname but he had moved out of the way. “Sakura, I need you to stay with this woman for a while.” Kaname had said. “W-What? Why do I have to stay here? Why can’t I come with you?” I had asked him with tears building up in my eyes. “Because it isn’t safe. Uncle Rido is coming for mother, father, and me. Mother asked me to make sure you weren’t found by him.” Kaname explained. “Can you please stay with this woman? I will come back for you, I give you my word.” Kaname says. I nod sadly and hug him. “Be careful big brother.” I whisper to him. “I will. Goodbye.” He had said and then he left. The tears that had built up in my eyes finally had fallen. A hand gently grabbed my shoulder. “There, there little one. Your brother will be back before you know it, he gave you his word. What’s your name little one?” The Old Woman asked me. “S-Sakura…what’s yours?” I had asked her. “Syrena, how old are you Sakura?” she asked me. “…10.” I replied meekly. “Only Ten…so young.” She says and takes my hand. “Come. I’ll show you your new home.” She said and led me into the trees.