Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 18 [The Fake Sound of Progress]

Start from the beginning

“I didn’t think you’d want to see me since our last meeting.” Hugo said across from me.

It was dark, extremely dark, his office wasn’t lit. Not that it felt lived in, it was all clean with no evidence that any one even worked or lived in the room, everything either silver metal, black white or glass. It was obvious his money was doing him well if his all glass office and view was any evidence. The light outside was all that lit his office seeing sine I got here before Hugo. I was the one that called him from his office at nine at night asking to see him. All capable from the key cards and keys mum had left me. So here I was standing in Hugo’s office with a plan and finally he had arrived.

“What, when you grabbed me and pushed me into the parking lot garage, locking me out?” I asked easily, playing.

He smirked “Yes, that meeting.”

I smiled innocently “I just want answers, like I said over the phone. Just answers.”

He chuckled “Lilly, Lilly, Lilly.” He tsked in a sing song voice. “I want you out.” He said if anything friendly, casually.

“I gathered.” I said my voice sounding bored, not caring. “But first, why?” I asked.

He smiled like the cherished cat “So I don’t lose my biggest star, so I don’t get fired, so I don’t go broke.” He said.

I nodded “For yourself.” I clarified.

He nodded smiling enthusiastically “Exactly.”

I nodded slowly, calculating “So why bring Sonny into it?” I asked.

He chuckled “It was a beautiful miracle that she had that interview, I have my people. Once I found out I waited for her at the airport. I figured that if Sonny saw the little secrets you were hiding you’d fly back either trying to rekindle the stupid friendship or you and Kate would end since you can’t tell the world you are after all Kate’s precious daughter.” He spat. “I was hoping you’d go back down under and stay down under.”

I nodded swallowing hard “So you want me gone?” I asked softly.

He nodded walking towards me slowly “How are you going to get me to cooperate?” I asked trying to sound confident though my voice wavered at the end.

He laughed “Lilly you don’t have to I'll make you. You will go even if it means putting a bullet through your head.”

I inhaled sharply and this time didn’t exhale. He took out his gun, I couldn’t see much due to the darkness though I could hear of the safety latch; I drew cold and shivered as I took a step back my eyes never leaving the gun.

“Now Miss Lilly.” He sang “Don’t make me pull this trigger.” He said smirking.

Without another thought as I saw his finger move to the trigger I dove to the side at the flash of movement and an echoed shot blocked all hearing leaving a deafening buzz rattling within my eardrums. I knew someone had hit the ground as the floor vibrated underneath me and the knocking of furniture with loud crashes.

“Lilly!” some said anxiously in my ear as I sat crouched against the wall dazed and my heart racing uncontrollably. Without another word I flung my arms around their neck burying my face into their neck, their scent instantly soothing me. “Oh thank god your okay.” Hayden murmured anxiously into my neck kissing little feather light kisses along there.

“I'm okay.” I sobbed weakly.

Looking up and over his shoulder I could see Eric sitting on Hugo, mum stood talking to Eric while every now and then looking at Hugo; he was out cold. Sonny stood crouched behind the desk where she hid, the tape recorder in one hand the gun in the other, her eyes wary as she held it at arm’s length with only two fingers. She looked at it as if it was a bomb. Our plan had gone fine, we got here before Hugo to plant the recorder and themselves, I just had to get the right words out of him, and apparently actions. Hugo had been busted.

I pushed back and looked up at Hayden, my surroundings forgotten. I sat my trembling cold hands against his cheek “Thank you.” I whispered.

He leant in, his forehead against mine our nose touching “I love you Lilly.”

________________________________________________________________

Firstly, Lostprophets one of my fav. bands! :)

Secondly, sorry it's short but it was meant to be this length. It wouldn't flow if I made it longer.

Thirdly, this story is far from over lovely fans/readers so do NOT stress.

Fourthly, my voting goal is at 50-55 and LOADS of comments! :)

Don't forget guys if you want to create covers/banners for me send them through to me and they'll be on display on my Facebook page :)

You guys know my drill; vote/comment/fan/recommend/add to library/Tell your friends-fans/facey/tweet/read my others stories etc etc.

My Facebook page? >>>Click on the external link<<< Has over 14 photo albums of all my stories with descriptions and covers and much more, check it out and like me; http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=118944971524183#!/media/albums/?id=111714198913927

LOVE YOU!

LIVE.LOVE.LAUGH

JordieXx

-----------------------------------

All Rights Reserved
Copyrighted Material ©

-----------------------------------