Prologue

*Please look at the picture of Adrienne to the side before reading. Thanks!*

Prologue: 

I grabbed the cereal box from the cabinet. I poured milk in the box, then grabbed a spoon. I grabbed the control and turned on the TV. Not like that, ya nasty.

"Adri, stop eating cereal like that!" My mom walked in the room.

"No," I replied and grinned.

"Oh honey, did you turn on the TV?" She asked with a smirk. I laughed.

"Oh yeah," I stood up abruptly and humped the air slowly. I sat back down and we started laughing. It's an inside joke between us.

"Attention viewers," The TV caught our attention. What the h**l? I was just watching Dora the Explorer! How dare the news cut off my show like that?!

"This must be serious. The news never cuts off TV shows," Mom commented. Hopefully, there's no tornados or something like that.

"We are very sorry for cutting off your daily morning...shows." The news guy looked startled. And scared. And paler than usual. Too much guy makeup? "We have received a report from NASA that there is going to be a meteor crashing into Earth in exactly a month. We need to start evacuating the Earth in the next five days. Please pack all your belongings, because we're all going to be living in outer space for a while. Thank you." He spoke.

"Oh sh-my a**!" I heard my brother scream. Me and Mom turned our heads to find my brother running down the stairs in his boxers, his jeans on his arms, and his shirt on backwards.

"What the h**l Mark?" I questioned out loud. I soon saw my dad running down the stairs with a wife beater shirt on, and his boxers on. He had a rolled up newspaper in his hand and he was currently chasing my brother around the living room and kitchen. Me and my mom glanced at eachother with a questioning look.

"Why did you flush the toilet?! I was trying to see how high my poop got!" Dad tried smacking his butt with the newspaper. Ahhh, I know this game.

"Mark! What the h**l?! Just because my poop's the highest and yours is the lowest, doesn't mean you get to flush it!" I started chasing him around too.

"Shut up you little b***h!" Mark screamed back. Yeah, I have a weird family.

"Guys! Stop running around and listen!" Mom butted in. We all stopped in our tracks.

"To what, Margret?" Dad put his hand on his hip and cocked his head to the side. Me and Mark had to cover our laughter.

"My name isn't Margret! And in case you didn't hear, the world is going to end in a month! We're moving!"

"To where?" Mark asked, copying Dad's position.

"Outer space!" She breathed.

"Mom, I hope you don't believe them. It's 2014, and how many times have they said that, and it hasn't happened?" I copied Dad's position also.

"Well, they've never interrupted Dora to tell us! This is serious!" She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I'm going to have fun for my last five days here," I went back to my cereal box. The box was soggy, and there was a whole bunch of milk on the counter. I picked up the box, and threw it in the trash.

"Adri, why are you wearing a tank top and basketball shorts to school? That shirt is too tight, and it shows off your body. You're gonna get raped." Mark commented with a frown. I rolled my eyes. My boobs aren't that big.

"And why do YOU wear tight shirts? To show off your muscles? Well stop, Jade's going to rape you one day if you keep doing that," I crossed my arms. Jade is a rude, annoying b***h at our school.

"Good." He replied, then put on his clothes correctly.

I picked up my backpack, and slung it on my shoulder. People say I have a careless attitude. And they're right. I don't care for much.

"Bye parents," I waved them off. Mark also waved. We walked out the door and walked to school. We arrived there in like five minutes because we live so close.

"Adri, why don't you have friends?" Mark asked.

You should know the answer to that.

"You know why," I replied.

"Whatever," He rolled his eyes and went with his popular friends.

I walked into the school and headed towards my locker. I opened it and grabbed my books. Another boring old day of high school.

Five Days Later... 

"Done packing Mom!" I yelled. She walked in. There were tears in her eyes?

"Okay," She replied.

"Mom, why are you crying?" I asked. This isn't a big deal.

"Because...I-I love this place! I'll miss it," She answered. That's a total lie. Whatever.

"Kay," I grabbed my bags, and ran out my room and to the car. I hauled my luggage into the trunk, and sat there waiting.

Eventually, my family came out, and got in the car quickly. It took a very long time to get to the spaceship, but we did. I've never seen this town so empty! But the place where the spaceship was...gosh.

"How long do we have to wait? And our spaceship is huge..." I looked at the spaceship. D**n. Then some random group of midgets came up to me and started twerking on me. Then they ran away.

The h**l?

"Not long. We have to run onto the ship. And we're the last family here thanks to Mark," My mom rolled her eyes. That long? Of course, there's a lot of other ships around the world, but we're lucky we lived close to one.

About two hours went by, and we finally made it to the clearing. The only people left. I looked behind me. This is the last time I'm seeing Earth. That's sounds weird. I saw our car in the distance. They told me I could have that car...

My head snapped back to reality because I heard someone crying uncontrollably, and two loud voices yelling. "Please," My mom begged.

"What's going on?" I asked. Mark suddenly wrapped his arms around me, and I felt, tears?

"They don't have enough room left for you," My dad answered. He was crying too. Oh my...

"I'm going to be left here to die?! No!" I screamed. Oh my gosh! Aren't the spaceships supposed to have enough room for everyone?!

"We need to get going now. Don't worry, we'll be back for you in about one to two weeks," The man butted in. I could tell he didn't want to leave me behind. Does this mean I'm going to be the only girl left in the world?

"Yes," My mom sobbed.

"We have a small spaceship, but we have to check it out in space to come get you," He spoke again. I nodded. They're coming for me. I'll be fine.

"Come on, we got to go, now." A man poked his head out of the ship and told the other man. He nodded and took my parents and brother away. Mom started crying even harder, Mark looked murderous, and Dad looked like he was...I'd rather not say.

I stood there as they closed the door. I watched as they started the ship. Some man shooed me away so I don't get burned.

I grabbed my bags and ran as fast as I could back to the car. Thankfully, it was unlocked, so I hopped in, and sat in the driver's seat. And then tears started to flow like a waterfall.

This can't be f******g happening.