Chapter 2 - Meeting with the Spawn of Satan

Start from the beginning

"There might not have been, but this is our place now." He stood up and dusted his pants. "It's what all the negative Gods had to do when they were banished from Haims."

"What are you talking about?"

He turned his head towards the sky, muttering something before his eyes returned to hers. "Do you even study our history at all?"

"I studied part of it," she muttered. Unique wasn't about to reveal how she had acted out by refusing to study when she couldn't explore her powers. Now, it seemed like such a silly decision. She couldn't even explain it properly. Her front teeth found her lip, and she gnawed at it while she tried to come up with a solution.

Humans were scattered around the area. Some were in small groups of friends while others were walking around as a family. The sight made her think of her own father. Would he even notice that she's gone? Unique wasn't certain, and the thought caused her heart to drop.

"Well, I'm not signing up to be your teacher. Besides, it's too late now anyway," he said. "We should just focus on getting the best of our stay here."

The last part was dragged out, and when Unique glanced at him, she saw him ogling on a pretty human girl who was yelling at a small device.

"Don't even think about it, Sion," she warned.

He snapped his attention back to her. "Think about what?"

"I'm afraid to dwell that deep into your mind," she answered and sighed. "There must be some way for us to catch the attention of the other Gods. Uncle Fatus wouldn't give us over this easy."

"Right." Sion took a step back. "Well, good luck with that."

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Oh, I'm just going to take a look around," he said with a shrug. His mouth formed a smirk, and he winked. "But if you need anything, anything at all - even sex. Then just shout, okay?"

Unique's mouth dropped open at his suggestion. Was he serious? She hoped not, but the glint in his eyes told her otherwise. She groaned as she saw him walk away. Fine. It wasn't as if she needed him anyway.

People were starting to send her curious glances as she stood in the middle of the grass alone. It was uncomfortable to be viewed that way, and she decided that she couldn't stay there.

She walked in the opposite direction of Sion, and tried to make a mental list over things she needed to fix.

Clothes were something she needed. Her white Goddess gown was dirty and tainted with grass spots and just knowing she bore it made her shameful. She walked in her own thoughts until a high noise shook her out of her current state of mind. A metal box was aiming straight for her, and she could see a human gesturing widely behind the wheel. She jumped back just to see another metallic box speeding towards her. Unique whelped, and hurried over to a place where other people were standing in safety. Her heart pumped fast, and she panted heavily as she supported her hands on her knees.

"Are you okay?" an elder woman asked. "You need to be careful with those cars. I keep telling my kids that they're spawn of Satan himself."

Unique didn't know who Satan was, but if he had spawned those horrible machines, he should start to control his kids better.

"I am okay, yes," she answered. "I must not have seen Satan's spawns when I walked. I am sorry."

The woman chuckled. "Don't worry, child. We can all get a bit aloof sometimes."

Unique only knew that word because her aunt, Amora, kept saying that Uncle Fury was aloof to womanly needs, whatever that meant. She was a woman, and she didn't have specific needs. At least, she didn't think so.