A Collaboration

Lindsey P.O.V

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-

I slam my hand on the alarm clock. Yawn, it's only 11- ELEVEN O'CLOCK?!? I get out of bed and look around. Oh no! It really is 11 o'clock! I'm late!

Somebody shine a light, I'm frozen by the fear in me. Somebody make me feel alive and-

I pick up the phone. "Hello?" I say. "Hi, it's Stuart." I am already heading out the door prepared for the collaboration while Stuart continues to speak. "Are you okay? You were supposed to be here two hours ago." I blush, leaving a long pause. "....I am so sorry! I slept in an I didn't even realise I was late!" Stuart laughs with the cheery voice that I always love to hear. "It's fine, just be here in 10." I smile,"Okay! Be there in 10!"

10 min later....

"There you are!" Stuart says. "Yeah, sorry for being so late. So, what are we working on?" Stuart smiles. "Well, I already did the unimportant stuff. Here just follow me." Stuart leads me to a rose garden. All I can do is cover my mouth from my gasps, as the camera follows. "Stuart, why is he recording?" Stuart just grins even bigger, then talks on his own. "Ladies and gentlemen, you all have been requesting a moment where I would ask the talented and beautiful Lindsey Stirling on a date," Stuart laughs as I am blushing and laughing. "Are you serious right now? This is, this is just a beautiful garden." Lindsey is still admiring the roses as he speaks. "Lindsey, will you go on a date with me?" I freeze. The roses. The laughs. The kindness. It all made sense now. He liked me. But I don't like him. At least, not in that way. I almost don't answer until I realise the camera is still on. I smile. "Yes! That would be lovely!" Stuart laughs. That same laugh he does to make me happy everytime. He plants a kiss on my cheek and whispers "It won't be awkward." Then wraps the video.

A day later....

"So what do you think?" I twirl around in a simple but nice outfit. A black leather jacket, boots, plaid patterned pants, and a black tee. "It looks fine Lindsey, now stop eating cereal and relax!" Gavi says. He is being honest. I don't want to make this more awkward, at least, more awkward than it is. Yeah. I think. We are just casually ice skating, no big deal. Gavi just got out of cancer, he is finally back to normal.

Ding Dong!

"Oh, it's Stuart. I will get the door." Gavi offers. "Okay, thank you Gavi." I slip on my jacket. "Hi Gavi! It's been awhile. Glad to see you're okay." Stuart says. They shake hands and smile. It's weird, Stuart seems to be able to get along with anyone. You could leave him in a ditch with a pack of hyenas for an hour, and when you come back to check, he would be having tea with them. No joke. "Hmm...oh there you are Linds! I almost didn't see you there." He says. I laugh. "Okay, well I will be back at 10, Kay Gavi? See ya later!" Gavi smiles. "Have fun!"

At the ice arena....

"Whoa!!" I follow over for the fifth time. How does Stuart do this? He could be a professional or something, I don't know. "Wanna take a break?" Stuart asks. He can obviously tell that this isn't working out. "Yeah, let's take a break." We go to the snack area, and buys us each some hot chocolate. "Mmmm...." I can't help but sip the creamy hot chocolate. "Thank you, this was fun. Even if I sucked!" I say. Stuart laughs. "Hey, the only reason why I am doing good is because I have done it a lot." Wow. I realised this is only my second time. No wonder I suck!

Driving home...

"Stuart, do you really like me?" Stuart chuckles. "What do you mean?" He asks. "Like, it wasn't because we were shipped?" Stuart puts down his grin. "What?" I look at him. "That account you follow. On Instagram. With the username @StuartandLindsey. I saw your follow it. It's a shipped account of us." He looks at me. "Yes, I follow it. But that's because its true. Lindsey, I might actually...like you." The rest of the drive is quiet. He drops me off with only a quiet "goodbye" to Gavi. Then he turns around. "Yes, I do." He walks in his car and drives away. Gavi is about to speak, but then he realizes that I am not in the mood for talking. I eat through a whole box of cereal before Brooke comes in. I am so glad she visited. Even knowing she is around makes me feel better. "What's wrong?" She asks. "I explain to her. " I think that was an awkward date. It was great, but I ruined it." She is finishing up a cookie before she continues. "Just explain how you really feel to him." That's when I stop eating. "Brooke, I don't know how I feel." She looks at me, but then just walks away. I say a quick prayer.

Heavenly Father, I don't know how I feel. He is nice, and kind and really funny....never mind I guess I do. Thank you. Amen.

I do too Stuart. I do too.

~~~

Hey guys! My first chapter, oh la la. Well, that username is actually mine, so if you ship them, go ahead and follow me on Instagram! Thanks!