Chapter Five: Michael

"Hello? Rose?" I knock softly on her front door. I'm pretty sure this is the house. I step back and look at the house. This is the house. This is her house. No answer. I walk away and get into my car. She walks out of the door and I start the engine and drive next to her and roll down my window. "Do you want a ride?" I ask and she looks at me.

"I like to walk to school." She says and I shake my head. "Just for today." I plead. "Fine. Only today." She says and gets in the car. I nroice a bruise on her cheek and I act like I don't see it and drive us to school. I help her out. "I can walk you to tour locker." I smile. "It's fine." She says shyly. "Come on, the least I can do. I thought you liked me. You did kiss me." I pout.

She chuckles. "I think not." She says and walks away from me. She looks really attractive in her black leggings and her black plain long sleeved shirt. I could state at her all day. I walk to my locker and see Layla. "Hey, Mikey." She smiles, flirty. I roll my eyes and ignore her as I open my locker. I grab my English book and slam the locker and walk away.

"Mikey, wait!" She says and I stop talking and turn around and look at her. "In just wanted to let you know that you and I are going to the dance next Friday." She says and before I can decline her, she walks away. I sigh and walk to my first hour. I didn't really pay attention to Mr. Kilt. I was thinking about Rose too much. As soon as I was about to leave, Mr. Kilt stopped me.

"Yes?" I ask. "You haven't been paying attention in class. Is everything fine?" He asks and I nod. "Yeah. I'm just tired." I lie. "Okay. Just pay attention next time." He says and I nod and walk out. How can everything be fine when I'm here worrying about what Rose's dad could do to her?

. . .

It's the end of the day and I drive Rose home. She's about to get out but, I lock the doors and cat h her arm and she winces. I look at her arm. "I'm going to call the police on your dad-" she cuts me off. "Please, don't. You promised you wouldn't. I can't let you do that." She says and a few ears fall from her eyes and I wipe them away and hug her even though she fought back and then hugged back.

"I can't promise you that I won't. I'm worried about you. And don't you dare think about lying to me and saying your 'fine' when I know your not. I want to be here for you. I don't want you to ignore me like you do everyone else and please don't lush me away. You need to be with someone that can take care of you and that someone is me. So, please stop hurting yourself because of him."

I beg her and she cries more. I kiss her forehead. "P-please don't tell anyone. He'll hurt me more. He'll hurt you knowing I don't want you to be hurt." She explains. "Me telling the police will make us both hapoy knowing were both going to be okay together. Don't let him control you. You need to come to the police station with me and tell them everything."

She shakes her head. "No. I can't. Just let me go home." She says and I unlock the door. "Please be careful!" I yell and she nods as she opens the door and walks inside. I sigh when she shits the door. I park in my drive way and walk inside. "Hi! Michael we need to talk." My mom says. Ugh. This is probably about school. "What?" I ask.

"Your doing bad in English. You haven't been turning in work or paying attention in class. Tell me what's wrong. Something is on your mind. Please explain." She snaps. "Actually, I'm fine and I'll turn on the work tomorrow. I'm going to my room and that's final." I say and walk to my room and slam my door shut and punch the wall. I need to protect Rose. I need to go to the police..

..........................................................

Sorry it's pretty short. :/