The idiots story

"MATT IM HOME!" Kat yelled pulling her backpack off and taking your backpack from you. "Uh (Y/n), can i get you something?" The brunnette looked at you with anxious eyes.
"If its not too mu- is that a polar bear??"
She looked behind her, "oh kuma? Hes my half brothers pet, dont  let him smell your fear." Kat looked at you smiling sheepishly.
You set your bag down and followed her to the kitchen and sat on the counter.
"Want a snack? Then we can get working on the masacure of Mt. Vesovious a.k.a. Pompeii. Ancient greece history. Easy stuff." Your jaw dropped. She was serious, she was…smart?
"YO WHATS WITH YOUR JAW, IF YOU KEEP IT DOWN LIKE THAT I  WILL TRIP ON IT!!"
You couldnt help but chuckle. She was a goofball, she was a good person. When you finished zoning you saw a grumpy looking dirty blonde with violet eyes that could kill. He stared you up and down
"Yo, lat who's the hoser?" The blomde asked.
"Partner, matt, (y/n), (y/n).matt"
She didnt even look up from the pantry.
The gruff canadian now known as Matt walked up to you and grabbed your shirt collar
"Dont ever hurt her hoser…even if she isnt real family i care about her, dont.ever.hurt.her."
"Not…family?" You blurted out. Kat flinched.
"You told him matt?" Her voice cracked.
"Soorry chickadee…"
"Kat…where is your real family?"
"…" she mumbled something inaudible
" kat if you dont want to tell me i understand"
"Chickadee?"
She stood up and got her bag, no words exchanged. You followed nervously, Kat sat on the couch, looking down. You sat next to her and started rubbing her back
She did something unexpected
She hugged you and cried. The judging canadian chuckled and walked upstairs.
"I never knew em' " she stiffed out between sobs. Your (e/c) orbs widened. You thought she was immature but she was only wearing a mask. That smile was a cover up for her pain. And now you understood.
" i-im sorry, i never knew."
"No one does. Only level 4 friemds unlock my story…"
"Sooo im a level 4 friend?" Since when were you so hopeful? Was all that cruelty a cover up for your crush? Did you like her?
No you cant, can you?