35} Beginning to an End

Start from the beginning

I'm speechless, trying to find the right words to say but what she said really made me rethink.

"Your right. Your absolutely right - I don't deserve her, and I know I don't. But please, Skylar, just give me one more chance and that's all I'm asking for."

She didn't speak for so long, I thought she hung up, "I'm giving you one more chance, Tommo, and make sure that you actually know what your doing this time, okay?"

Never in my life would I have guessed that out of all people, Skylar would make me smile this big from just a few simple words. "God, thank you so much, Skylar."

"Yea, you're lucky I'm a sucker for love." she admits, and I could tell that she'd hiding her smile. "Um, did you just want to ask for my approval over the phone orrr...?"

"Yea, that and just a few favors." I answer nonchalantly.

"What kind of favors?" She asks suspiciously.

"Oh, nothing big." But immediately, we both knew I was lying.

.

Jessica

If you told me three years ago that I was specifically designing a car for the world's biggest boy band as a part of my job, I'd laugh like there's no tomorrow. If you told that me today, I'd still laugh, but at least I would believe it.

I put my heart, sweat, and soul into this damn car. Along with my time, patience, and hard-work, but hopefully it'll all be worth it. Still, I think it's so ironic how I ended up with this project. Life is weird.

But, thank God I don't have to worry about that right now, because its the weekend - stress-free relaxation. So, blocking out all my problems, I grab my warm tea and shuffle towards my living room. I never have anything planned for the weekend - mostly because I have no life - but nevertheless, I enjoy every single second of it.

"Jessica!"

Practically choking on my tea and frantically sitting up straight again, causing even more tea to spill on myself, I search for the sudden call of my name. Soon enough, Skylar pops out of the corner with an amused expression as she notices my discombobulated state.

"For God's sake, Skylar, next time knock!" I aggravatedly say. I release from my defense mode, which didn't help much in this case, since I only have a cup of tea for my defense.

"I wanted to scare you,"She happily argues.

"Yea, well, you succeeded." I reply, trying to return to my comfy position again. "What are you doing here, anyways?"

"Wanted to see how you were doing - the new job, new place, new everything." She huffs a laugh, looking around.

I cross my legs and pass her my tea, which she gladly sips out of too. I could tell she was tired for that long car ride, especially from the shallow circles under her eyes. "Yea, I'm doing fine. Job's good, place is doing good so far, so yea."

She nods her head, "Cool beans. Anything else?"

"Remember that car thing I was talking to you about a couple weeks ago? The one I had to design for the boys?"

Her cheeks immediately get red and her eye contact is anywhere but me, "Y-Yea. Why?"

I look at her strangely from her weird reaction, but laugh it off anyways, "Well, I just finished on Thursday, can you believe it? I thought it was gonna take two years to complete that thing."

She forces a laugh, "No way, I bet it looks really cool. Did you-you tell the boys yet?"

I look down, "No, I actually haven't talked to them since I left. Except for Louis, who occasionally texts/calls me, but I could tell he has more important things to do. I'm probably the least of his worries right now."

Skylar's cheeks get even more red, if that's even possible, and starts fumbling with her shirt, "Yea, he must be really busy. I mean, they're new album is coming out soon, did you hear? Whew, a lot is happening with them, whew."

"Are you okay?" I ask, smiling at her uneasy vibe.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" She shrugs.

"For starters, you keep-"

"Okay, okay, this is not about me right now. I came here to see my bestie, not listen to a lecture about my awkward presence." She interrupts while standing up.

"Aw, you're not that awkward." I joke and stand up with her as well.

"Shut up." She gulps down the rest of my tea and places it down on the mini table, "So, let's go do stuff."

I groan, "Can't I just stay inside and hide away from society?"

"You can do that tomorrow, right now your gonna at least change out of that tea-stained shirt."

"Whatever, mom." I drag my feet to the bathroom since I was supposedly 'forced' to get out of the apartment for some reason. Yes, I am lazy and want to cuddle up in some blankets all day, but I'm also too lazy to start an argument.

"While you're at it, might as well clean up around here, too. It's becoming a bit messy." She exclaims loud enough so I can hear her.

"Stop judging my life, mom! You just don't understand!" I fake cry, going along with her lame game.

She snorts, "Is that attitude I hear? You're grounded for 2 months with only a vacuum cleaner as a friend."

I roll my eyes and chuckle at our conversation, "Oh my God, I'm done."

------------------------------

"Why do you want to see the '1D Mobile', again?" I ask, making a turn once the light turned green.

"Because I wanna see what my little Jessica's been up to, and '1D Mobile'?"

I scoff but let it go and turn up the radio. In only a few minutes, we arrive at my work-place, or however you wanna call it, and park the car. A majority of the people are actually enjoying their weekend (unlike me right now), causing there to be a lot of empty parking lot.

I lead Skylar to my office - I got promoted to an office two weeks ago - as she make comments everywhere we turn, relating to the building.

"You have a cafeteria? It smells so fucking good, we have to stop there before we leave."

"The view outside is so pretty, ah, I can't even handle it."

"How do you memorize where you're even going? We've been walking for ages now."

"My calves better be like rocks after this."

Finally, we reach the area where I've been creating the '1D Mobile'. A few people are still scattered around as we make our way to the car.

"This is so cool." Skylar mentions for the hundredth time since we've stepped inside the building.

I just chuckle and pull up the large, heavy wall that's blocking the car.

Or at least I thought there was a car behind the wall.

Forget what I said before, this weekend is not stress-free. It's full of stress and anxiety now, all because-

"Jessica, the car is missing."

A/N:

OH MY GOSH GUYS IM BACK!!! ITS OKAY IM NOT DEAD

but for real, i am so sorry i been so bad at updating! two months! two freaking months! ugh, there is no excuse for that. you guys can virtually face palm me, do it.

and even after two (very long) months, sOME OF YOU KEEP READING! OH MY GOD YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM BC OF THAT! AGH I LOVE YOU SO FREAKING MUCH!

last but not least, i hope you enjoy this (finally updated) chapter. i swear the next update will be way faster than two months. legit, you guys can keep spamming my account and say that i should update (if you want to) bc that would motivate me :)

OKAY LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL ANGELS!!! THANKS FOR BEING THE BOMB.COM AND ILY!!

- LAUREN !!!!

PS - FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER IF YOU WANT!!! :))))))) ILL LOVE YOU FOREVER I SWEAR! ITS @/thatscoolashton !!!! LOVE YA