Chapter 1

Lara walked the halls of her high school, knowing she would never walk them again. she then went to her locker and gathered up all the supplies she had stored up over the past month. Then she left the school and headed to the east. There was nothing left for her here just the old orphanage-boarding-school-thing. Her Boyfriend left her for the schools meanest, most popular girl, Nattily Lotus. Her best friend moved away last year, so there was no longer a reason for her to stay anymore.

It was a few miles before Lara came to a forest and night had already fallen. Lara set up camp underneath a tree. She dreamed that she was in a forest of all white and there were miniature cliff cracks between different pieces of the land. She walked for a while then she miss-stepped and slipped into one of the cracks. She screamed and tried to hold on for dear life, then just as her fingers slipped a hand caught her arm. Laura looked up the person who had just saved her life was a young, good looking boy about her age, with brown hair and blue eyes. She smiled and looked around. "Thanks." she said. "how did you get here so quickly? I didn't see anyone around here..." then she noticed that he wasn't just holding her from the edge of the cliff. HE WAS FLYING!! Laura awoke with a start and bumped her head on the tree behind her then something fell in her lap.

When she looked up, she was in her dream. the same white forest, with the same cracked terrain. But this time she watched her step so not to fall, like in her dream. She walked forward looking around. The forest looked dead but there were leafs growing on the branches. Laura then heard a noise, it sounded like bells. she turned to see what it was then slipped. She screamed and held to the ledge but she couldn't hold on for long. then the moment she let go a hand caught her wrist. She looked up and there was a boy, he had dark brown hair and blue eyes. He was hansom. He must have been strong since he could hold her from that cliff. But then she realized he wasn't on the cliff. HE WAS FLYING!! Just like in her dream!! She Screamed again and started to scramble away, The boy gripped tighter trying to keep hold."Stop!" He yelled. "Do you want to fall?" Laura stopped moving remembering that she was dangling above a bottomless ravine. The boy elevated pulling her out of the opening in the ground and placed her gently on solid ground. He then floated back to ground level. "My name's Peter" he said nodding for Laura to tell him her's.

"Lara." She responded.

"Lara, OK! Nice to meet you!" he said excitedly holding out his hand for her to shake.

'Where am I?" Laura asked ignoring Peter's outstretched hand. The boy shrugged.

"Neverland." he answered.

"What?" Lara asked dumbfounded.

"Neverland." Peter said again.

"I mean what is it?"

'Its a planet in the center of the universe and on each end. a planet where time has no affect." 

"What?!" Lara exclaimed.

"A planet in the center..." The boy began to repeat.

Lara cut him off, " I heard you, I just don't believe you."

" It makes no difference whether you believe me or not, its the truth." Peter shrugged. Not knowing how to respond Lara turned her eyes to the ground and fell silent.  The boy smiled childishly than held out his hand. " Come on," he said softly, " I'll show you the secret hide out." 

***

 Peter led Lara through the forest to a large clearing with a large tree in the center. The tree was a bout twenty feet in diameter and reached up for miles. 

"Must be hard to keep a base like this secret." Lara said in amazement. 

"Not really, there's at least seven more trees just like this one." Peter responded casually. 

"But this is huge!" Lara exclaimed.

"Meh." Peter shrugged.  The girl's mind spun and she was uncomprehending of the size of this tree and as the boy knocked on the bark of the trunk she stared up at the branches that hung hundreds of feet above her head. "Are you coming in?" a voice called out. Lara turned to find peter sticking his head out from a doorway in the tree and extending his hand.

"Oh." she blurted in surprise. " Yeah."  she then took the boys hand and entered the tree. she took two steps then slipped. She zoomed down a slide conceled in a dark tunnel that wizzed her around corners, twisted and turned until she tumbled into a large pile of dry leaves.

"OUT OF THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" A voice yelled behind her. Lara quickly somersaulted to the side as Peter flew out of the tunnel slide and face planted into the pile of leaves she had just landed in.

"Are you OK?" Lara asked.Peter sprung up and gave her a wide grin making her burst with laughter.