Chapter 5: Day 1 at Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

The bell ranged to signify the end of the class and to move on. Draco and I were walking to potions class and I noticed that Weasley and my brother were going the same way.

"Great we have the same classes together." I thought. I really don't want to be stuck with my brother all the time, but it seems like the luck was not with me.

I was sitting next to Draco talking to him.

"I can't believe that we are stuck in all the same classes as my brother."

"Don't worry about Potter. Besides Professor Snape is our teacher for this class so we already have an advantage. Also this is one of the classes that I actually like."

"Alright Draco you assured me. But I didn't know that you like potions class. Does that mean your good at potions?"

Draco smiled at what I said.

"Of course I'm good at potions. I find it fascinating at least more than herbology or the history of magic."

I laughed at Draco's response. Just then the door slammed open and Professor Snape walked in saying

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact are that is potion-making. However for those select few ..."

Professor Snape was then at the front of the class and he looked towards Draco while continuing to talk.

"Who possess the predisposition ... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

Professor Snape caught my attention and based on what he was saying I was really starting to become interested in potions. Just then he looked over somewhere and saw that my brother was not paying attention. He then began asking questions towards Harry which Harry couldn't answer. I smiled at the fact that my brother was getting humiliated in front of the class. I also noticed that the girl beside him was always rising her hand every time Professor Snape was asking a question that clearly was for Harry. I rolled my eyes at her attitude. The rest of potions class went on without a hitch.

After potions we had lunch so we all went to the great hall. During lunch the mail came. Naturally I didn't expect any kind of letter for myself so I was just eating my lunch while everyone else was catching their mail. Draco had a letter and the daily prophet delivered to him. I asked Draco if I could see the newspaper. He said sure and I was reading it while Draco opened and read his letter. Draco's face seemed to light up as he read his letter. I assumed that meant he had good news. Once he was done with reading his letter he was smiling so big that I thought it was kind of creepy.

Draco then turned to me and said

"That was a letter from my father. He said he is happy that you and I became friends and was furious with the fact that you have lived with muggels and were treated badly. He said he went straight to the minister to complain about how you were treated. The minister agreed that you shouldn't have to live in those conditions anymore. My father then suggested that you live with me and my family. And the minster agreed. So from now on you live with me. Isn't that great (y/n)."

I was crying by the time Draco finished telling me everything. Draco was shocked and worried.

"Is everything okay (y/n)? You want to live with me right?"

I looked at Draco and didn't say a thing. I just gave him the biggest hug I could before saying

"Of course I'm okay. These are tears of happiness Draco. I am so happy that you did this for me. Thank you. Thank you so much."