Chapter 12- Nero's realization

"I did" Shibi's voice was clipped as he stares down Nero neither one of them giving an inch.
"Ho? Did you now?" Nero slowly stalks towards shibi bringing his face close to his.
"That was why I gave her the coat, She needed something to hold onto" Shibi turns towards shino before nodding slightly "when she came here she was a broken human being and giving her that cost gave her something to hold onto, that was something she desprit needed; Kira is no more a monster that any of us" Shibi-san stalks closer to Nero deliberately keeping his pace slow, Nero was trying to comprehend what Shibi-san was saying. Nero knew that he was right but that only made him furious, for a long time Kira depended on him and only him he was almost her father and now he had to deal with the fact that it wasn't going to be just the two of them anymore. It ate at him, he had to give up the first person who didn't consider him a monster. It made him remember the first time he ever reached out to her, she was 3 and still didn't understand the power that was placed onto her.
~Flashback~
The small 3 year old girl continues to cower into the corner of her musky cell, dried tears mared her face as she let out small whimpers every once and awhile. She didn't understand why the man put her there, he was her daddy, he was suppose to protect her and care for her. Or at least thats what all her books said. Her mommy gave her up too, but than again her mommy never did care much for her, she would throw empty bottles at her and call her a monster. Sometimes she'd even say that she wished she never gave birth to her.
She curls up into a tighter ball whenever someone's footsteps would echo throughout. she hid from the evil people who hurt her. She thought that maybe if she stayed like this no one could hurt her. Maybe her mommy and daddy would realize they made a mistake and take her back! They have too! All mommy's and daddy's love their kids!
They love me right?.....
Who was she kidding? Her parents never even named her, she was deemed the name Kira by the old man who started all of this. He told her he placed a monster inside of her so she could protect them all, but why did they hate her for it? She was protecting them right?
"They are the real monters" She whimpers again letting more hot tears roll down her cheek, she tried to sooth the bruise on her stomach that she got from her daddy when she refused to go with him to... this place.... He got angry at her and hurt her. But that hadn't been the first time he's done that to her, he called it 'cleansing' he would coo to her and tell her that he was doing it for her own good.
'Hey kid' the voice was low and gruff, it wasn't hostile though which confused Kira. She looked around trying to figure out where the kind voice was coming from.
'Im in your mind, I'm the monster your protecting THEM from' He growls out low and dangerous, that didn't scare Kira though because she understood what he meant by 'them', this so called monster knew what her parents did to her and he was disgusted by it.
"You don't sound like a monster to me" She speaks out loud keeping her voice low in case it would earn her another beating.
'Well what does a monster sound like to you' Nero chuckles, the young girls reaction intrigued him. He has never had a host accept him no matter what age they were.
"They sound.... like my mommy and daddy..." She responds voice cracking slightly as a hiccup comes from her throat. She was crying again.
'Ahhhhh so sickly sweet, I've always hated humans who spoke like that. Their nothing but trouble' Nero growls out, Kira smiles at his words this was the first time anyone has ever understood what she meant. If she ever told her friends or their parents she would get scolded and then beaten by her parents when they found out, Kira knew from the start that he parents hated her but she ignored it hoping that if she lived in her world of fairytales somehow everything would get better.
"Thank you, may I ask your name?" rubbing her hand over her wet eyes she clears them smiling brightly. The fact that she now had a fiend who believed her and wouldn't call her a monster made her happy.
'The names Nero kid, I already know your name so don't worry. I've been here for awhile and trust me I wont be going anywhere anytime soon' When Nero said that he meant it in the way that he physically couldn't they were one in the same, but Kira took it as best friends forever. When Nero realized that he let her think what she wanted.
~Flashback End~