Chuck was standing by Thomas and after spotting us the young boy had a wide smile and was now rushing over to us, Thomas in tow.

"Clara! You're back!" He wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug and I patted his back lightly, still shocked at seeing Thomas.

"Hey, Chuckie. Taking care of the greenie here?"

He smiled up at me and nodded enthusiastically. Thomas stood behind him, paler than a ghost and just as quiet.

"Clara, come on we have to go map it out." Minho tugged my elbow and separated me from Chuck. I followed him into the map room trying to shake off the look on Thomas' face. Newt followed too, just as I did.

"Are you sure it's him?" Newt finally asked me.

Minho looked up between us. "What's going on?"

"We know the greenie. Or knew him at least." Newt replied for me.

"He did the talking thing." I told Newt, a frightened look crossing his face.

"What talking thing?" Minho asked, clearly agitated that he was missing something.

"He can talk to her telepathically." Newt replied again, watching me carefully.

"What? That's insane!" Minho replied, a wide smile on his face. He shook his head and muttered something about a stupid shuck while he started mapping out what we had ran. I followed his lead momentarily forgetting about Thomas.

"You guys made it all the way out there today?" Newt asked, peeking his head over my shoulder.

Minho nodded silently as we both remained focused on our task at hand. When we finished, just as we did every night, we made our way to the kitchen together. For some reason I always walked beside Minho with my hand in Newt's. Every night it was the same thing. Minho had made a joke two weeks ago that it was because he's the keeper of the runners so he's technically my keeper now and that's why I feel compelled to always be near him. Newt disagreed and said it was his charming personality. They had one hell of a fight that night and it was hysterical to watch. They fought like brothers and I guess in many ways they are. Just like I had become quite close to several people here. Fry Pan, Zart, Winston, Gally, Alby, Minho, Chuck, Jeff and Clint from the medihut, Dan and Jake the other runners, they were all like my brothers and I loved them all like my own family. The only family I knew.

And then there was Newt. As cliché as it sounds I couldn't put into words what I feel for him. He's my sun, the stars I no longer see, my air. Everything. He's the one who literally keeps the nightmares away and keeps me happy. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I know I've felt this way about him before, I can feel it. I was shaken from my thoughts as we crossed the threshold into the kitchen.

"She bean!"

"Hey, Fry!" I high fived him as I took my food and followed Newt out to our usual table. Only tonight Thomas sat by Chuck. We had three tables pushed together so we could all eat by one another so there was plenty of room but it was still a bit unsettling to sit across from the guy who had spoken in my head several times before he even got here.

I felt a leg kick me and my eyes met Chuck's. He had a wide smile on his face as he pointed at Thomas. "It was him."

Thomas looked up bewildered and I felt my grin grow as I looked at Chuck. "Oh yeah? That's why you were just stretching towards me right?"

His cheeks turned red as he giggled at me.

Newt and Minho started bumping me with their elbows as they ate, as they did every night, but I just ignored them and shoveled my food in my mouth not realizing how hungry I was before then. Until finally, Minho bumped me too hard and caused some food to fall off my fork.