[Chapter Twenty-Nine] Where She Meets His Secret

Start from the beginning

"But this place is expensive, how-" I stopped there because I knew exactly how she was here.

"He loves you. He said he wouldn't let me hurt you like I had been and that I needed to get my life together and sent me here. I'm so sorry." Her eyes filled with tears but I was still cautious around her. I don't know what kind of person she is, I only knew her high or drunk.

"Julian and I aren't together anymore." I informed her and she took another step forward and froze when I tensed up.

"What happened?" she asked, she seemed genuine but apparently I'm not very good at reading people.

"He cheated on me with his ex whatever she was last week." I told her, trying to say it without it killing me inside but it didn't really work, it hurt and it hurt a lot.

"Oh Bailey I'm so sorry. Did he actually do it or was it just a headline?" She wondered

"He did it. He came home and told me and I left."

"I know I'm not in a place to give advice, but if he told you then that seems to me that there was something worth coming home to and something worth saving if he wanted to be honest. I know it doesn't chance what he did. Do you want to talk about it?" she asked me and this was a girl who didn't know him, someone who would be on my side for this issue completely.

Did I want to talk to her about it? Yes.

"Yeah." I got out of Lacey's bed because no one else was allowed in it.

"What happened to your roommate? Are you close?" she asked me and I shook my head as I looked down

"She killed herself in the bathroom a few days before she was set to leave." I looked over at the bathroom and just remembered the blood, there was so much blood.

"Oh." She said uncomfortably

"I'm going to go find Kylie, want to make some food?" I asked and she nodded, we were awkward but there was a part of me that found a friend in her at one point but I needed to hear Kylie's opinion on things before I tried again.

"Bailey." Kylie acknowledged when I went to her office.

"Why didn't he tell me?" I asked her and she looked up at me.

"I don't know, Julian's head is a little messed up." I flinched slightly at his name and she gave me that look and I suddenly felt awkward being here, she was his cousin and I was feeling like I was losing everyone because of his, not just him.

"I think I'm going to go home." I tried to shuffle out

"Bailey don't." I stopped and she came over and shut the door

"I shouldn't have come." I didn't want to make anyone awkward and this wasn't pleasant for me, I just felt like my life was spiraling and I didn't know how to stop it.

"I love you too you know. You're family to me Bailey and Julian isn't the reason you were my brides maid let alone my maid of honor. You were in my wedding because I love you and I care about you. I understand this is hard but please don't let him be the reason you relapse. Drew told me what happened and I think it's a good idea to spend a night or two here, Julian did and it helped bring him clarity that he wouldn't have gotten with the other distractions."

"Should I trust her?" I asked Kylie

"Macy's made a lot of progress, which you know I can't discuss. My opinion would be yes but go with what feels right to you. I know she caused a lot of physical and emotional damage to your life, you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with but I think it would help you." Kylie's opinion meant a lot to me and I valued it a great deal.