Chapter 2

My Fake Mate

Chapter 2:

Mittens' POV:

(2 weeks later)

Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy. That's what the last the weeks have been about. I have learnt how to look after him and have made a great bond with him.  

I had gotten a lot of help from Helen and I was really grateful.

Today was the last check-up I had with Dr. Sheldon and I was really worried. Don't ask me why because I didn't know myself.

"Hi Mittens." He said annoyed when I walked into the room.

"Hi." I whispered, closing the door behind me. "Give it to me straight, doc." I smiled.

He looked at me with a blank expression and then his head dropped into his hands. "The medication didn't work; you have no mate." He sighed.

Suddenly my chest tightened and I couldn't breath. "Really..." I choked out.

"I mean, its a good thing for you since you never wanted a mate, but if it had worked then it would have been amazing for the other lone wolves out there." He muttered, rubbing his tired eyes that hid beneath his glasses.

I tried to control my breathing and slowly stood up. "Well, if that's all..." My hand hovered over the doorknob and as soon as he nodded and pulled it open and walked as fast as I could from the room.

I saw Helen on my way out and she called after me, but I was already passed the doors and outside for only the second time in these two weeks. The last time I went out was to take Jeremy to the park.

I needed to shift and bones were already aching from not having shifted in a long time.

Why was I reacting like this? I didn't want a mate! I have a child... And yet everything inside of me is yearning for a different kind of love and I want to be loved in a different kind of way.

Tears started to fall from my eyes as I made my way to a forest and far from sight.

Maybe I'd be a good mate? I had only been with Jake for a short time and yet it was one of the best times.

I want a mate! I want to feel those sparks igniting again and I don't want to be lonely anymore.

I dropped to my knees crying as my bones started to crack and slide.

If I could have one more chance... One chance to have a second chance. For my baby and for me. My body aches for someone to hold me and tell me they love me.

As fur started to appear I stopped crying as a warm feeling set in my stomach.

If I had a second chance I would cherish my mate. No complications, no 'other guy'. Just me and the one I love.

I loved and love Jake but he's gone and I can't long for something I can never have.

Once the auburn wolf was standing in my place I stretched all the muscles and then suddenly heard a howl. A howl that made my whole body heat up.

...Could it be?

Aaron's POV:

"Do you, Sasha Bennett, take Aaron Jamie Barnes to be your lawful wedded husband?" The priest asked my soon to be wife.

I smiled at her beautiful face. Something was itching at the back of my throat and I tried not to cough but it was too overwhelming.

Just as she said the words 'I do', I started coughing; trying to get rid of the annoyance at the back of my throat.