Newt grinned and looked back at me. "Tell everyone, I don't bloody care. Then that way they'll all know to stay away from my girl."

I blushed and Alby laughed. "Yeah, there's no need for that. They already know."

I looked over his shoulder and saw a lot of gladers grinning in our direction. Oh well.

The tempo of the music changed and soon we were all dancing in a tight group, jumping up in down in beat with the music. Sweat poured off us as our bodies moved. We were all feeling good from Gally's mix and we were all having a good time.

At some point we must have passed out because I awoke with the rising sun, sleeping out in the glade with nearly thirty others. My head was on Newt's chest and his arm was around me and Alby was closest to us. I looked around the group and smiled seeing everyone passed out. This would be a long day. I got up then to help Fry Pan in the kitchen, when all these boys woke up they would be hungry!

"Clary! You come to help me?" Fry Pan greeted me with a large smile as I walked in.

"I sure did. What can I do?"

He nodded to the large skillet full of eggs and I happily started working.

We got the morning rush out and I made my way out towards the gardens but was stopped when Alby crossed my path. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

I nodded and followed him to our room. "What's up?"

He sat down and shook his head. "I'm sorry to ask you this but we need a temporary runner to go with Minho. Just until we find someone else."

I nodded realizing what he was asking me. "I can't do that to him, Alby."

"He knew it would happen."

I dropped my head into my hands and he placed a hand on my shoulder. "It'll be alright. Minho will get you back each day. He's the best there is."

"I'm not worried about that. Well, I guess I am to a certain extent but..." I sighed then looked up at him. "Take care of him while I'm gone."

He nodded and we stood, making the silent trek towards the gardens. Newt had spotted us when we were still pretty far away. He looked over to where Minho was preparing another bag then returned his dark gaze to Alby and I. "No. She's not going out there." He said as we approached.

"Newt, there's no other choice. You know that." Alby replied.

His eyes met mine and my heart nearly broke. His eyes filled with pain, grief, loss of years past, and I went to him as quickly as I could and wrapped my arms around him tightly. "It's going to be okay." I whispered to him. I felt his arms go around my waist and could feel his heart pounding in his chest against mine.

"Clara, we have to go." Minho said, splitting the tension around us.

I released Newt and he pulled back slightly, kissing me hard on the lips before he let me go. "Come back to me." He said, his eyes piercing through mine.

I nodded and wiped a tear that had fallen down my cheek. I turned and walked with Minho, putting my harness on as we walked. I glanced back at Newt and he stood statue still watching me. Alby stood beside him and he nodded to me letting me know it would be okay.

The morning run was hard. I wasn't used to running again and my limbs cried out in agony every step we took. There was a ball of fear in my stomach and I knew it would be there until we were back inside the walls, with Newt. When we finally stopped to take a break Minho looked up at me. "Are you okay? You're really quiet this run."

I nodded and took a drink of water. "Just thinking."

"About Newt?"

I shrugged. "Yes and no. Did Alby tell you what Ben said?"