The Boy In The Woods

( Nikki's pov)
My day couldn't possibly get any worse than it already was. This morning my dad beat my mom with his studded belt and then turned to me and beat me twice as hard. I don't understand why, and he would beat me further for asking.

I was trying to stop crying all the way to school and successfully did so as soon as class started for that day.
That success did not last long though. I was bullied in my school and called names because of the trauma I suffer from getting beat almost every minute of my life. The trauma causes me to twitch involuntarily and stutter almost every other word that comes out of my mouth. The popular kids called me "Twitchy Nikki" for that reason.
Today, however, was one of the days they would follow me around the school and throw stuff at me. Books, pencils, milk cartons, and anything else they could get their hands on. They even threw a brick at me the first day of my freshmen year of high school.
"Here comes Twitchy Nikki," calls out the leader of the bully pack, Derrick. "She isn't with her body guard today so its cinderblock and brick time," said his stuck-up girlfriend, Sherry. "L-Leave me a-alone guys, you can b-beat me double time t-tomorrow when i don't have w-work to do," I told them.
The pack just laughed to their hearts' content and thus began the bombardment of bricks and cinderblocks.

I ran. I ran out of the school and down the street towards my house. I would rather be there than have bricks thrown at me. My house was maybe a mile away from the school so i had to try and dodge the waves of bricks flying at me until the group gets bored and leaves me alone.
While they were throwing and i was dodging, something caught my eye in the nearby woods. A figure was watching me being chased down the road. I wish they would help me, i thought, but all the same I still have to run.
A few minutes later a brick hit the back of my head and all i saw was my face meeting the pavement. The bullies laughed at me and gave up for the day. As i got up i felt the place where they hit my head. It was wet. I brought my hand back down to my face and saw the crimson liquid. I had to get home and fast.
I was only a small ways from my house so i had to run a little bit more. As i entered my home, my parents were arguing again. Not good. I silently went up the stairs and went to my bathroom. Picking up a medical kit, i cleansed my wound and wrapped it in gauze.
Right then and there i started hearing voices. Run away from them Nicole. You won't survive another night of torture in that home. Pack your backpack and set fire to the house while they sleep. No one will miss them. Just kill them and relieve your pain.
The voices gave me a brilliant idea as my parents gave up the fight and went to bed. I packed my bags with food, water and medicine. I found my favorite hatchets from the weapon cabinet in the living room and hung them on belt loops of my jeans. Then I put on my black hoodie and headed out of the house.
Going outside, i got a gas can and doused the front of the house in gasoline and lit a match. "You r-ruined my l-life, s-so i will ruin y-yours," I said with a sadistic smile growing on my face. Laughing with a growing insanity, i threw the match at the gasoline and watched the house go up in flames. "G-good bye y-you sick p-people."
As soon as i was ready, i went to the woods where there were rumors of killers residing. I knew i would probably have a better chance of living if i camped out there.

( timeskip of death to 10:00 P.M)
I've finally gotten to the woods where the murders have happened. I saw a figure deep in the trees watching me as i walked up to the edge of the woods. "I-its now o-or nothing." I walked in for a little ways and felt a presence behind me. I turned and saw nothing but a pair of orange goggles staring right back at me in the moonlight. That and the glint of two hatchets at whoever it is' sides.
I slowly backed away from the person, not knowing what their next move was. Within the next few seconds i was feeling a sudden pain and then my face hit the ground once again. "P-please d-don't hurt m-me," i pleaded. I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me up off the ground and helping me stand. I turned around to face the person and was amazed at what i saw. A boy not much older than me, wearing a hoodie with striped sleeves, orange goggles, a mouth guard of some kind, jeans and converse.
I had to tilt my head slightly up to see his face, which were covered. "T-thank you," i said. The mouth guard of the boy stretched into a smile. He seemed happy. "A-anything for someone w-who has suffered m-my pain. Sorry ab-about your brother, m-miss." Oh, right. My brother was killed in a car crash. A semi didn't see us in front of him and he ran us off the road, rolling the car a few times and crash into a telephone pole. "H-how d-did you-" the boy cut me off by taking my hand and running out of the woods saying,"I-it's not safe here f-for you. Not y-yet at least. When w-we get to your f-friend's house, stay there u-until i return for-for you." And with that he was dragging me to my best friend, Kris's house.