Chapter One: City of Love

Life of a Stupid Fangirl (1)

Chapter One

City of Lovers they say this place is called. This is the most romantic place on earth, and with French being the language of love? Perfect. Wait hold up, love? I don't believe it until I see it. Those four little words can either make you or break you; which is why I want to take things slow, mostly because of the harsh experiences I've been through. I still haven't found my man yet. But with so much love around, you are bound to enjoy your stay here. Which is why, I am out on an expedition to find him.

My definition of a perfect man? The man of my dream? Or perhaps the human that defines perfection? Nothing in particular really. Really, all he has to be is have a decently carved face. Oh! Like the ones on that billboard up there! Ah yes, that's why I'm here! Because it's Summer Break, I've decided to travel almost half way around the world to find them.

Oh no, not just any ordinary 'them', it's THEM. They have rose to the top of the world and I can't be any prouder.

Who are they may you ask? Well who else can I possibly be talking about? Their amazing British accents that I've longed my whole life for, the music that they produce that makes me melt every time I play it, and their faces on thousands, perhaps millions, of girls' closet doors. If by now you still don't know who I am talking about, you have serious issues. It's The Wanted obviously.

Others have tried to beat them, but each time they tried, they were miserably knocked down because of our amazing fandom. The fandom that went in history as the best of the best. I can not be even prouder.

I've been there since the beginning and I swore to be there till the end. Every song, every lyric, I know by heart. I know what day they were born on, which hospital, exactly what time, and which doctor helped give birth to each of them. Creepy? Not really, at least according to me!

Their perfectly carved bodies and angelic faces. Who doesn't know them? You don't know them or you don't like them? Then perhaps you shouldn't continue on with my story because this is just the beginning. The beginning of something indescribable. Something that I share with millions of other people on this planet. But perhaps, I'm just a tad luckier!

--

"I'm sorry miss, do you speak English?" I tapped the blonde haired lady's shoulder. She had her head tilted downward and tapping away on her phone. "I'm sorry to bother miss, but English? No?"

She turned to face me, "Ah yes, English? Un peu, a little! Help? Directions?"

Being the typical tourist that I am, I pulled out the large map that was hidden within my backpack, "Yes yes! Do you know where the Pal, Palais Omnisports de Paris-Ber, Bercy is?"

"The Bercy Arena you talking about?"

"Yes yes! Oui!" I exclaimed in excitement. I'm this much closer to my idols now, this much closer to witnessing perfection.

She smiled because of my awkward actions, "Heh, not far from here! Turn left over there and then keep walking in one direction and will be on right hand side! The roads are messy so just walk straight at all times!" The kind lady pointed to the street just ahead of where we were standing.

I nodded, "Thank you so much! Merci!"

"De rien! I warmly welcome you to France and have fun!"

"Yes! Thank you!" I packed my map back into my backpack and adjusted my white tank top and blue shorts. "So just turn left and walk in one direction?"

She nodded before I departed for my adventure. Turn left and walk in one direction. Turn left and walk in one direction. I repeated it it my head so I won't forget. Turn left and walk in one direction.

*~*~*~*~*~

Too short? Or just right? I've realized that I write really long chapters and it's just too overwhelming sometimes. Anyways, what'd you think about this? Constructive criticism needed!

Love youuu;*

NiallsPotato x