I felt my arm being raised, my wand pointing at Draco again. No matter how hard I tried to fight it, I wasn't strong enough. My emotions weren't under control which meant my mind was in overload. The Dark Lord continued to control my movements.

I looked up at Draco once more before I knew I had to face the inevitable task. There was only one emotion on his face and it was pure hatred. I had seen this look many times over the years, but never had it been aimed at me before.

"Say it, and face your punishment. Try to make your family proud and make up for the crime you've committed," the Dark Lord sneered at me. The tears continued to pour down my cheeks and I could feel the words get caught in my throat. Then it happened...

"Avada Kedavra."

**

"Mel, wake up. Mel!" I could feel someone shaking me awake. I slowly opened my eyes and came face to face with Dean.

It was then that I realised where I was. I wasn't in the dark room at the manor being made to kill my twin. My head began spinning again and that's when I realised that there was a wetness on my face. Seems like I wasn't only crying in the dream.

"What time is it?" I asked, my voice coming out hoarse due to sleep and crying. I tried to wipe the tears away discreetly but I think Dean saw me, but he chose not to comment on it. For that I was thankful.

"11. I was running slightly late, you must have fallen asleep while you were waiting for me. Are you okay? You seem a bit shaken," he asked, concern evident in his voice. I could feel my heart start to speed up when I heard him, but I was putting it down to nerves at him finding out my secret. Yeah, that was it...

"Just had a really bad dream. A lot of things have been building up lately and it must have been playing on my mind," I replied, trying to avoid his eyes in case he saw I was lying. He looked over me one more time before accepting my answer and sitting down in the chair next to me.

"What are we doing tonight then?" he asked. I shook my head trying to get myself to think straight before telling him to turn to the same page as me in the textbook.

We had been meeting up for his tutoring for a over a month now. It was getting towards the end of February and we were nowhere near finishing our task. As much as I wanted to say I was getting somewhere, I was struggling more each day. I still couldn't bear to go along with the task, but I kept going; for Draco.

My dream was at the back of my mind while I sat with Dean and talked him through what he needed to know. He had started to learn more things over the time and I was enjoying our meetings that happened three times a week.

Many times we had finished quickly and just sat and talked for a couple of hours about nothing in particular. We had grown closer over this time, but it wasn't approved of. Draco especially didn't like it. He didn't want me hanging around with a 'mudblood'. Every time he said this, we had the same argument and I ended up walking out the room and not talking to him for days at a time.

I think that's what lead to the dream, I've been so caught up worrying about what my family would say, never mind the Dark Lord, about how close I've become to Dean. I know they wouldn't agree at all so I've kept it quiet from everyone.

Draco was the first one to bring up my 'feelings' for Dean. I had been certain at first that I didn't see him as more than a friend, but I was starting to become unsure. The more I learnt about him, the more I grew to him. I wasn't stupid though, I knew I couldn't afford distractions right now, and Dean would provide a huge one.

"Come on, I think we've done enough for tonight," I yawned, stretching my arms above my head. He nodded in agreement and closed his book before tucking it into his bag.