Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 14 [Real Thing]

Start from the beginning

The house was a cute little house that was a bit in from the beach on a nice quiet street. If you listened closely you could hear waves crashing, it was a small cute little house and yet the ferns and palms outside made it look beautiful and almost like a beach house too, the garden gave the house a lot of privacy and shade.

Sliding in through the front door we came into a lounge room that was themed with soft blues and creams making it feel light and fresh. Not even taking two steps when someone rounded the corner. She was flipping through the mail, I presumed it was mail, she had her hair up in a high ponytail, it was also blonde like Hayden’s but a couple shades darker and she’d obviously got some hair coloring put in, just a couple foils. She was framed like Hayden yet in a feminine way and she wore a top and some blue jeans. I was pretty sure they were Levis. She looked up her gaze falling on us; she instantly smiled a warm and welcoming smile.

“Lilly this is my mum.” Hayden introduced.

Hayden’s mum walked over and grabbed my hand softly in her cool hands “Anita.” She corrected. I smiled. “Kate was right, you are all your father.” My father?

I blinked than looked up at Hayden “So I don’t have to pretend I'm part of the team?” I asked confused.

“Oh shit, sorry.” He apologized shooting his mum an apology also for his words as she sent him a disapproving look. “I forgot to tell you, my family knows so you don’t have to worry about acting. Even though you act awfully.” He taunted.

“Hey!” I cried slapping his shoulder causing him to chuckle. He grabbed my hand in reflexes as I went to hit him again and pulled me in slightly so I was basically leaning into his side, I could feel his warmth, his clothes touching my bare flesh and I could inhale his intoxicating musk scent. I blushed slightly looking anywhere but at either of these two. I suddenly felt like I was on a date and meeting the parents, hence my next words. “You have a really lovely house Anita.” I said smiling at her before looking around some more catching glimpses at photos that hung on the wall.

She smiled “It’s…a lived in house.” She chortled as her eyes looked over at the bunch of papers and coffee cups on her coffee table. I smiled. She shrugged coming out of her thoughts “Did you enjoy tea last night hon?” she asked with an almost knowing smile.

I nodded “Different, but nice.” I said smiling.

She looked up smiling “That’s good.” She said warmly. “Well,” she said breathlessly “It’s not there so I have to head out and figure this out.” She said sighing. She crossed to the table and picked up more papers, a mug of coffee, her handbag and a folder. “I will see you guys later, nice meeting you Lilly and Hayden? Don’t forget to lock up on your way out, yeah?” she said smiling with a wave over her shoulder as she made her way to the door.

Once the door clicked closed Hayden dragged me off to the back of the room and into the kitchen with more creams but also coupled with a timbre theme. “So this is your mum’s house?” I asked looking around.

“Yeah, were we grew up.” He answered as I kept looking around. “Want anything?” he asked walking to the fridge and opening it.

“Uh, surprise me.” I said smiling.

“Oh that’s right, today is a surprise isn’t it?” he asked thoughtfully. I nodded smiling almost smugly at the thought. He smiled “Close your eyes.” I frowned at him. “It’s just part one of the surprises.” He grinned. Cautiously I closed my eyes. “Good, now hold out your hand.” He coached. I opened one eye “Hey no peaking!” he cried. I giggled before doing as he instructed. I could hear him shuffle around and the sound of the fridge closing before his hands hovered above mine, slowly he lowered something into my hands; it was cold and slimy causing me to shiver with a grimace. “Now, open.”