“I’m a virgin you idiot,” I snarled. My juice had spilt all over my shirt and not only was it my favourite shirt but also a favourite juice. The Rolling Stones shirt hand now began to cling to my body like a second skin and I mentally thanked god that it was black and not white.

I stood, shifting sideways to slide out of the table while dabbing myself with a napkin Summer had passed me.

“You won the lottery?” She continued, standing up with me.

“If I did, you wouldn’t be here right now. I would have sent you to China.” I growled in annoyance. I stalked in the direction of the girls’ bathrooms in hopes to clean my shirt. Maybe if I lose Summer in the process, my mood would brighten.

“I’m rich enough to just jump on a plane and come back,” she gloated with a smile. I scowled, my mood plummeting faster than Summer’s golden credit card.

“Great now I’m thinking up metaphors of your wealth.” I bolted up the stairway and turned the corner, greeted with long lines of doors. Each had a number on top signalling the classroom, but I walked straight past them.

“Now that’s something to smile about.” She smiled.

She wouldn’t be smiling once I got away from her. I sped up my pace, thankful that the bell rang loud and clear the sudden upheaval of students making it easier for me to lose myself in the crowd. My body managed to weave between them, knowing Summer’s tall stature would be able to even walk through the crowds, too worried she would scratch one of her special golden heels.

I rolled my eyes, the motion quick and small, but enough to not notice the body in front of me. We smashed together and I bounced off onto the floor. I groaned in irritation, picking up my bag and ready to move on but an arm grabbed me.

The arm picked me up with ease until my feet hit the floor safely. I frowned and looked up to see green sparkling depths.

The frown turned into a scowl as I remembered Gabriel’s antics the other night. I definitely had a bone to pick with him.

Ready to throw myself into a full blown argument, I opened my mouth, eyes narrowed and arms crossed, but Gabriel held up a hand, an obvious signal to tell me to stop.

“Before you start you’re ranting, can I just say you’re looking rather juicy this fine morning?” He grinned. My eyes narrowed into slits.

“Anything else you’d like to add to that statement?” I cocked my head to the side, tempting him to make another comment.

“No, no. I’m just surprised you used such a fruity shampoo. Is that apple?” I was surprised to see he leaned down, his face very far away from a place where you’d have shampoo scrubbed in and somewhere a bit lower. Somewhere that had a large wet patch on my breasts.

I grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him away. “Do you want another repeat of that kick to the balls? We’ll see who’s looking fruity then.” I threatened.

“It’ll still be you,” he grinned, sending a wink. I gave him a blank look before reaching over and grabbing his shoulders.  I brought his face close to mine and locked eyes onto him. We stared at each other for a second, his eyebrows raised from my unexpected movements.

“Gabriel,” I spoke calmly.

“Gabe,” he cut in quickly with a sheepish smile.

“Gabriel,” I spoke again, still grasping for the little shred of calmness. “You’re about this close,” I pulled back a hand to indicate the small width between my thumb and index finger. “This close,” I repeated, shaking my hand in front of him. “To getting kicked somewhere where the sun doesn’t shine. I’d watch where you step, if I were you.”

“Believe me when I say that if anywhere a sun shines it’d be right down-,”

He didn’t get to finish the sentence because he was suddenly crying out and clutching at his family jewels. He was cursing loudly and openly, and I was glad people didn’t dwell in the hallways because I didn’t want another rumour. Not that the other one lasted long enough. That had ended after about one day of circulation, like most rumours.

I looked both left and right before leaning down and patting his head. “I warned you Gabriel.”

There was a laugh as I walked past him and down the hall. One that told me there would be consequences to what I had done.

Instead of feeling worried, I laughed right back and rounded the corner. I went back down stairs, and exited the block before rounding another corner. I expected the area to be fairly empty, the only people who hung there were usually a few girls and guys having a cigarette, but was surprised to see a boy that looked quite healthy and not holding a cancer stick to his face. He looked lost and confused as he stared at a small sheet of paper in his hands. It looked wrinkled like he had been scrunching it up nervously.

While he was frowning at the paper, I took a chance to study him. He had dark hair, brown bordering black and a pair of blue eyes that hit the light so clearly that it made me feel as if I had seen him before. He was quite small for a boy his age, probably a couple of inches taller than me.

He suddenly looked at me and I switched the direction of my eyes, hoping he didn’t catch me staring. I walked forward, toward the block of toilets only to feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turned; unsurprised to see the unknown boy looking at me, seeing as he was the only person around here.

He looked at me with such a strong emotion, his eyes boring into mine, as if looking into my soul. I opened my mouth, frowning, but nothing coherent seemed to form in my mouth. He seemed to snap out of his little trance and he smiled.

“Do you know what this says?” I noticed the slight accent and nodded, holding my hand out to grab the paper. I studied it for a quick second before pointing to my right where Block C was.

“You’re in there, room 19,” I directed.

He gave me a smile. “Thanks for that…?”

“Alex.” I answered.

“Really?” He frowned. “I’m Adrian.”

“Great.” My interest in him quickly dissipated as I noticed the stickiness on my shirt. I bit my lip to keep from scowling, not wanting to scare off the new guy.

“So I’ll see you around?” I couldn’t help but detect the hope in his voice. I frowned and looked him over before shaking my head.

“Unlikely. You’ll be popular in a matter of seconds once one of those cheerleaders spot you. I wish you good luck.” I muttered. I strode inside the bathroom ignoring the quick yell that he’d “see me at lunch.”

I scoffed under my breath and shook my head. “Unlikely,” I repeated lowly.

*~*

Hope you liked it and I hope it was longer. Sorry I haven’t updated in forever and ever. Each time I begin to write this, I just get really… I don’t know . Annoyed. I always get annoyed at my work after I’ve written it. But then inspiration hit!

So what do you think of Adrian? Love at first sight or something?

I think this chapter is crap… anyway..

Please VOTE COMMET OR FAN!