Chapter 3 ~ Good News & Bad News

ابدأ من البداية

Soon, Niall walks in, his cheerful being takes a seat next to Harry before greeting me. We don’t get the chance to make small talk when the doors burst open again and I smile until I see her. George, Ronald and Jeanine walk in along with Kay. Her messy short blonde hair falling freely around her pixie features, her smile big and mischievous and when she meets my eyes she winks at me.

“What the fuck is she doing here?” I snarl before Management’s team can sit down. I clench my fists in fury, fighting the need to stand up and blow a tantrum like a little kid because she is here, enjoying this because she knows I hate her.

“Louis, calm down. She needs to be here,” Jeanine says in her very mother-like voice. I frown at her, not satisfied with her words. “Calm down.” This time her tone is severe and I just notice then that I’ve risen to my feet so I sit down again, still tense. Kay is smiling, pleased with my reaction.

Ha! And then she says she likes me. Likes me, my arse.

“Okay, we gathered you here because we have important news,” Ronald starts saying, eying us all, though I still have my eyes on Kay, glaring daggers at her. I image the blades going through her chest. “As you know, the tour starts in three days and as usual, we’ll have a DVD coming out during the world tour that will be shot during the European tour.”

I take my eyes off of Kay and stare at Ronald, waiting for the rest. So far, nothing of this is new, we already knew this.

“Well, this time the DVD will have something different.” George adds, his smile sufficient and proud. “This time we’ll add a documentary in the DVD.”

We look at each other with surprised expressions and happy smiles. That sounds great! So far our two DVDs have only had the show and the video clips for extra material, so this is great. The idea is really exciting and for a second I almost forget Kay is there in the room with us. Almost.

“That’s great!” Harry says speaking for everyone. “The documentary will have part of the process of the new album recording, right?”

“Of course,” Jeanine answers with her kind smile. In all honesty, she is the one who takes care of us the most. Well, not take care in the look after way but in the way she really seems to listen to us and care about our opinions. “We’re sure your fans will love it.”

No doubt.

“Amazing, but I still don’t get why she’s here,” I state pointing impolitely at Kay. She chuckles, not affected in the slightest with the way I treat her. I wonder if she is immune or something like that.

“Well, you see she studied film making, and her résumé is quite impressive. Plus, she gets along with almost all of you,” Jeanine says this looking specifically at me.

“I’ll be in charge of directing your documentary,” Kay carries on and I swear my jaw hits the floor. “So this is the good news, I’m going with you on tour.”

For a second the world freezes. I’m sure I misheard her, this can’t be happening. This is not true. It’s a nightmare, I’ll wake up and the sun will be shining and everything will be fine.

But Kay smiles at me while I feel everyone’s eyes on me, expecting.

I rise to my feet forcefully, throwing my chair to the floor making a thunderous noise but I don’t mind, I don’t fucking care. “NO!” I shout hitting the table with my fists. “I fucking oppose to this. No, no, no, no and uh, let me think… what about NO?!”

This reaction doesn’t seem to surprise them, maybe they were expecting that. Fine! Traitors! How can they do this to me? Everyone knows I can’t stand Kay and if she comes with us I’ll end up murdering her. Is that what they want? For me to kill someone and end up in jail?

“She signed the contract, she is going on tour with you, she is directing the documentary. It doesn’t matter whether you like her or not, you have to be professional, Louis. This is your job, not kindergarten. You’ll work with her, not make friends. So stop acting like a kid and sit down,” Jeanine scolds me and, still tense, still about to throw the table at them, I pick up the chair and sit down, but I don’t stop glaring at them.

Then I look at Kay and I lose my temper again. She is smiling, enjoying the show, happy with how she is ruining the tour for me. I was excited for this, I was happy and now everything is ruined because of her. I’m about to jump and wrap my hands around her neck but Liam stops me, probably foreseeing what I was about to do.

“Why do you do this to me? What did I ever do to you? Just leave me alone! You’re ruining everything!” I shout at her but Kay never loses her smile.

“Louis, calm down,” Liam asks me, still grabbing me by the arm.

“Babe, don’t think so high of yourself. I’m not doing this because of you,” she speaks and I snort at her words. Sure, as if. I know she is only doing this to fuck everything up for me. “My career is very important and I needed a good and important project for my thesis. This is it. This will only boost my résumé so stop thinking that everything turns around you, love, because it doesn’t. You’re just one fifth of One Direction, you’re not the whole band. I’m doing this because it is a great opportunity for me, it has nothing to do with you.”

The way she says that I’m just a fifth of the band makes my blood boil in my veins, it sounds almost as an insult.

“But you’re enjoying how this infuriates me!” I accuse and she chuckles, her mischievous smile playing on her lips again.

“I must confess that seeing you this crossed about it is a plus, but again, I’m not doing this for you, Louis. And in contrast with you, I’m a professional. I can put things apart and what we have won’t interfere with my work.”

“THERE’S NOTHING BETWEEN US! Don’t even say something like that!” I shout, about to drag Liam with me. He tightens his hold on me and I’m breathing heavily. I know the lads are scared and worried for my reaction, I can feel it, but I can’t calm down.

“That’s enough, Louis!” Jeanine shouts louder than me and we all freeze. I turn to look at her, her eyes are severe and she looks really, really mad. “Stop behaving like a kid and calm down. It’s your job and you better do it right. During the tour just do your thing and Kay will do hers. Now go outside and breathe before you hurt yourself. Nothing you can say or do will change this decision, Kay is the best qualified for this job.”

“But—”

“No buts!” She cuts me off and Liam pulls apart and I don’t move. I take a quick glimpse at Kay and even she looks taken aback by Jeanine’s reaction. “Go!”

Without any other word I leave the room, still holding my breath until I know I’ve put a big distance between Kay and I.

I can’t believe it, I can’t fucking believe she is coming with us. I was so excited for this tour but now I just want to go home and never leave. I don’t want to see her every day, following us, giving us instructions. I can’t stand that thought!

Ugh, this is the worst news ever!

-:-:-

AN: I started posting Kay's Diaries, so you can check it out on my profile. Same story, from Kay's POV.