chapter 15: He returns

Start from the beginning

"did Draco say that to you?" she asked. "Yes" he said and made himself more comfortable on the couch. "Did he say something else?" she asked. "Everything" he replied. "Everything?" she asked. He nodded. "But dippy interfered before he could explain the plan of yours." He added. "oh!" she replied with a shock written all over her face.

"Granger, would you care to let me know, I can be of great advantage you know, I am also living here" he said with a little confidence. She looked at the book in her hand and thought whether she should disclose the plan or not.

"Dean, I don't want you to get hurt" she said with gentleness in her voice. Dean moved a little closer and stared at her.

"Granger, this is our fight also" he said with confidence. Hermione looked up and gazed at his dark eyes. There was a determination and fury in his eyes which Hermione found quite surprising.

"Okay" she said with a smile. She narrated the whole plan to him, while he sat quietly and listened to every word that the witch said.

"that's brilliant" he complimented with a grin. "all came out of Snape's brain though" she said not taking away the credit from the old potion's master.

"Who knew so many things were hidden behind his black greasy hair!" dean said. Hermione laughed hysterically followed by dean. There was a silence after they were done.

They stared each other for some seconds and then dean got up. "I need to meet the boys" he said. "Yes, sure" she said and smiled. He walked to the door, but paused when he opened the door. "dinner date with me granger?" he asked again with the same old grin plastered. "Yes, sure" she said and smiled. "Meet you at night then" he said and walked out of the library leaving the woman with quiet surrounding.

Hermione watched the door being shut but soon she shook off the thoughts and started reading the book she had in her hands.
.....

The day had finally come. Hermione waited anxiously for Draco from the morning. It was already evening but there was no sign of the Draco. She could not read anything because every second she would feel that Draco was calling her. Then she would look around and search for him. She paced around the old library. Soon it grew darker. She started to get tensed as the sky grew darker and the stars started to appear.

The whole Malfoy manor was still as if there was no soul living in there. Shouts and laughter was audible from time to time from the directions of the slaves quarters but other than that, Malfoy manor seemed very spooky.

There was a cold and scary air that had engulfed the whole extravagant manor.
Hermione stood on the corridor of the first floor and looked down at the quiet sitting area.

Her thoughts would linger off to Draco but soon she started dreaming of being the mistress of the manor and called Mrs Malfoy. A smile appeared on her face as she imagined herself walking by Draco Malfoy and getting looks from people.

Suddenly she heard sounds coming from the guest rooms. She quickly got her wand out and positioned herself at the entrance of the guest room. She pressed her ears on the door and tried to hear the voices.

She heard a woman's whimper, followed by Draco's voice. She felt a pang in her heart and she closed her eyes.

"Get yourself, comfortable, I am going to get some potions" Draco's voice announced and he opened the door with a swift movement.

"Hermione?" Draco asked getting surprised to find her all of a sudden. "Draco!" she greeted but she was annoyed. She watched him closely. His hair was messed up, he had no coat, and his shirt was not tucked in his trouser. Draco smiled and left a quick peck on her lips.