chapter 15: He returns

Zacznij od początku

Everyone gave her a sympathetic look. "I am fine, I will wash some dishes" Hermione said and smiled. "No, mione. I know what is going on with you now. You should go and take rest!" dean said as he tried to push her to the staircase.

"Dean, am fine" she protested. However, dean won and Hermione retired in her chamber.

....

Next day, passed like the same. She was in library reading books.

She took her breakfast and lunch in the library. She did not wish to meet anyone then but enjoy her company with the books. Her mind would sometimes wander off to the blond man but a sigh would leave her mouth.

Dean was surprised not to find Hermione so in the evening he went to look for her. He checked Draco's room, then the guest room and then finally library. He smiled seeing the lady on the comfortable couch with a book in her hand.

"Our old granger" he commented as he walked towards the woman. Hermione looked up and saw her friend approaching.

"Hi dean" she said in a cheerful voice. "Evening granger" he said taking a seat beside her. "Reading again?" he asked grabbing a book from the pile of books that were kept on the small table in front of the couch.

Hermione watched his actions and then said "yes". She waited for him to continue the conversation but he said nothing. He turned the pages of a book. "Heard of Draco?" she asked all of sudden. "No not yet!" he said plainly.

"Narcissa?" she asked raising her brow. "She is in France with Mr Malfoy" he said. "What France? Why?" she asked. Her face showed the expressions of shock. "What you don't know?" dean asked. "No absolutely not" she answered trying to fake a laugh. "Oh" dean said curling his brows. "Why did she leave?" she asked. "You don't know?" dean asked. "what?" she asked in a frustrated tone.

Dean narrated the whole story of the late night clash of the mother and son.

"Draco did that?" she asked almost not believing he said. "Yes, what else you would expect from Malfoy. He is very possessive over his things" dean said looking intently at her.

Hermione went mute. She rested her back on the couch and went into a deep thought. Dean watched her and regretted the thing he said. "it is nothing serious Hermione" he said trying to cheer her up.

"of course it is, can't you see how the Malfoy family is breaking apart just because of me, a mudblood!" she said in a loud volume. "Woah, Hermione cool down. Nothing is breaking apart. Lucius is a horny freak, it is not your fault" dean said.

Hermione couldn't stop herself from laughing at the words "horny freak". She giggled. Dean felt a relief. He laughed with her.

"don't act like a crazy witch, granger" he said and laughed. "I will try my best" Hermione assured.

"Dinner tonight with me?" dean asked giving her a mischievous smile. "What is with you and trying to dine with me?" she asked. "just a friendly gesture" he said with a warm smile. "Don't worry, I won't bite" he added with a laugh. "Even if you do, I guess you know how powerful my hexes are, don't you?" she asked and grinned.

Dean moved back after realizing threat in her voice. "You got your wand?" he asked. Hermione moved uncomfortably and then looked at him.

"hey, don't worry, we know everything about Harry and Snape" he assured. Hermione felt a relief wash over her. "Yes, Harry returned it" she said in a low tone.

"Yes, Draco mentioned about your visit to Severus's place" he said. "I was absolutely wrong about Severus. Narcissa later told me about him helping harry. I didn't realize" he added feeling guilty. She watched him with widened eyes listening to what he had said.