The bell went and I had science. Midori was in my class. So was Nishiki. I met up with them before going into class.

"Reiko. Coach agreed to the game. He's going to sort it out with Teikoku's coach. An old friend of his."

"I'll ask to not play."

"Nope. I made sure you would be on the team for the game. You're proving it to your dad right?"

"He'll be working. He won't be able to come and watch."

"Don't worry. It'll all be sorted. Coach Endou has his ways." NIshiki added as we walked in the room taking our seats.

(Practice)

During the last lesson of the day Midori gave me my new uniform Number 19. I changed before making my way to the pitch. They were about to run onto the pitch so you ran down and joined them.

"Reiko I want you to join Kirino and Shindou for practice today." Coach Endou started.

"Yes, sir."

We were practising for about three quarters of an hour before we got our first break.

"Reiko?" Shindou asked.

"Yeah?"

"Did you play soccer in your last school?"

"Yeah. I was the ace striker on the team apparently."

"Then why didn't we see you in Holy Road?"

"I quit a week before it started."

"Why? You're an amazing player!"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You have to trust your team mates."

"I've known you less than a day. It takes longer than that." I walked away from him.

"Reiko. You and Tsurugi are going to work with Shinsuke to improve his miximax." Coach told me. I nodded.

He blew the whistle.

"Everyone back to work." Tsurugi and I went to one goal with Shinsuke.

"Who's shooting first?" Tsurugi asked me.

"Um..if we're doing hissastu techniques you."

"All right then." He did his Bicycle sword. Shinsuke didn't stop it. But he did look like he came close.

"You've gotten stronger quickly Shinsuke." I said to him.

"Miximax is a powerful thing." Tsurugi said to me. "He could probably stop yours now."

"Being Gouenji's cousin means he taught me his techniques he used when he was in Raimon."

"Really? Show us Bakunetsu Screw."

"All right." Tsurugi passed me the ball. I did Bakunestu Screw with ease. Shinsuke was in too much shock to even react.

"Wow. He taught you well." Tsurugi spoke up.

"Shinsuke could stop it if he did something. It's weak compared to Gouenji's."

"Try it again then. Shinsuke! Stay focused. You can stop this." Tsurugi shouted. I did it again. And Shinsuke managed to stop it. I see how powerful Miximax is now.

After another half hour the whistle was blown again. We all got our drinks and Coach Endou came over to us.

"We have a practice match coming up. Against Teikoku Academy. I want you to put your all in that. It's going to be in one week. In the Holy Road stadium. We'll take the caravan there. So be prepared. That's all practice for today." I grabbed by bag taking out my hoodie. Sliding in on and putting the hood up. I walked away. I went straight to the hospital.

Outside of the hospital I was stopped by a boy with bright orange hair.

"Raimon soccer club yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied. Desperate to go in there to see Mama.

"So you know Tenma?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want to have a kick about?" He asked.

"I've not got a ball. And I really need to go."

"Oh okay. Tell Tenma Taiyou is perfectly fine now." He smiled at me before running away from a nurse that was chasing him.

I made my way into the hospital ad went to Mama's room. But she wasn't in there. I was sure I went to the right room. A nurse came in after me.

"The surgery she had yesterday was unsuccessful. We had to give her an emergency one this morning. She's still asleep because of that. So she's in a private room. You can't see her today. Sorry Reiko." I nodded. Tears brimming in my eyes. I left the room and started to make my way out. I walked past the rehab room. Tsurugi was peering in. Trying to stay unnoticed. I looked in behind him and his brother was trying to walk. He almost fell and Tsurugi tensed up.

"Do you come here everyday?" I asked. Tsurugi turned around shocked.

"Yeah. You?"

"I have no one at home so I don't really have any other choice."

"What about your Dad?"

"He gets home late every day. So I spend time with Mama."

"Why aren't you with her now?" The tears threatening to fall, fell. "Reiko, I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I started to leave. I made my way home. I got home. Letting the tears fall more. I was terrified my mother would never see see light again.

Check out my One shot book maybe :)