--------------------------------------------

It was already 9:45am as I looked in my watch. Class has finally started. Ms. Nelson started speaking and discussing about our new lesson. I was clearly focused.

"Today, we're going to discuss about square root." Ms. Nelson said simply to the class. "Does anyone of you have their own way to describe it?"

"Hally Wilson? Maybe you can try and give us an idea what it is." Ms. Nelson said to me. I stood up from my seat. I didn't know what to say. I was nervous and I got mental blocked. I don't normally recite in class and talk in front of a lot of people.

"Well, err... From what I know, it's when you multiply two same numbers then the answer to that would be their square root. It also involves with the radical sign." I finished my sentence and sat on my seat.

"That's basically true. Very good." Ms. Nelson grinned at me. "Can anyone give an example?"

A girl a few seats away from me raised her hand. She's been consistent in raising her hand in class. I've seen her ever since yesterday but only during class. I guess we have the same schedule as one another.

"Yes, Ms. Witchward?" Ms. Nelson said. "Erm... The square root of 81." She said simply.

"That's correct. Can you please give me the answer?" Ms. Nelson asked the girl. "Um... 9." She said. "Correct! Thank you." Ms. Nelson said.

We've had a couple more discussions about square roots and Ms. Nelson gave us drills and worksheets to answer. I got a high grade on them and I understood the lesson well. Math finally ended afterwards and so followed by the other subjects. It was Science now and lunch comes after it.

"Class, answer pp. 55-60. That would be due on Thursday. Class dismissed." Mr. Smith said as he dismissed our class for lunch. I grabbed my things and put my bag in my back as I went out of the classroom. As I was going out, I felt someone tap my back softly but I was able to notice it.

"Hey, I'm Courtney." A girl said to me as she stretched out her left hand to me. She was the person I saw a while ago. I stared at her blankly. I was confused. I didn't expect someone would actually come up to me and introduce themself.

"Ohh forget it! Come with me." She said whilst pulling my hand as she grabbed me. She continued pulling me while I was following her. I had no idea where she was going to bring me.

"Where are you taking me?" I questionably asked. "Somewhere." She said.

She continued to pull me until we arrived in a dark corner. I saw her open the door as she had the keys to the room. I began to worry specially now, I don't really trust anyone that much in this school.

"Quickly, get inside!" She hushed. "W-what?" I said confusingly. "Just go inside, please? I'll explain to you later." She pleaded. "Fine, okay."

"What is this place?" I asked her.

We entered this room which was pink. It looked like an ordinary room which was decorated beautifully. There were bean chairs around the place.

"Well, it's my place in school. No one really knows about it, except you." She said. I saw her drop her things in the table. "Did you actually make this?" I asked, amused by how pretty the room was.

"Actually, yes. I came over here during the summer to work on it. Sometimes you just have to break the rules right?" She smirked at me. "By the way, I'm Courtney Witchward." She said politely.

"Oh, Hally Wilson." I shaked her hand as I smiled at her. Courtney had brunette layered hair. It was shorter than mine but it was kind of wavy. She had gray eyes and white skin. She was about my height only a bit inches taller than me. She was thin like me and had white teeth.