Chapter 1 Train Ride

There I was, in my room, like normal. Carelessly looking out the window, spying on whatever I my eye could catch and it caught a lot. It caught the helpless woman praying for their husbands and sons. It caught the the birds flying in a direction of safety. It caught ever breath, soul and life known to walk the street outside. But still it didnt catch the next thing that happened that day. 

Yes that day is plasted in my mind. It started with my mam quickly coming in my room in a frantic mode screaming about packing bags. I tried to get answers of why but she was so up a height that she went to tell my siblings the very same thing. I was confused but stuck with the instructions I was giving. So therefore I picked all my clothes out of the small draw and the pictures from on top of them in the big bag I had under my bed and rushed out the room to find a person to explain what was going on. I met my sister Ester on the stairs with a bag in her hand the same as me. I remember asking her what was going on, but all that she could tell me was that mammy was sad.

The chaos began to rise with the sound of sadness and screaming coming from outside. I go to have a look. It was packed with children with bags with worried faces painted on all the parents. I begin to worry, I still dont know what was happening or why everything was happening. My mam comes into my room with my sister and my brother James. She pulls us close and makes a big speech about family like it was going to be the last time being together. Only did I know it was, because the sound of a train engine came creeping in the background, which made my mams face pale. Once she heard the train she hugged us close and kissed us on the forehead and told us to grabbed what we wanted to take with us and pack it with our clothes and to bring them downstairs with us. This gets me remembering about my russian dolls I want to take so I open my wardrobe and grabbed them. I remember when packing them I overhear my mam and a man talking. I look out the window to see it was a train driver she was speaking to. She tells him softly that she wants to know if we can all stay together as a family. This I find strange, we are a family, I didnt know what was happening. I head downstairs to be with my brother and sister. My mam finishes her conversation and explains we need to go and stay with another family while she stays behind and works and that I have to look after my brother and sister.