Chapter 2- What the hell is that?

Chapter 2-

A few long hours later, we arrived in New Orleans. Rebekah rented this beautiful red convertible. Damon finally realized I was gone. I got so many texts while I was on the plane. I had angry voicemails too. I was one of the few people he trusted. I got a text from Stefan, his brother.

"Hmmmm...Stefan texted me. 'Damon is pissed please answer your phone. I don't think I can handle anymore rants'," I laughed as did Rebekah. Just as I went to call him, he called me. I looked at Rebekah and she shrugged.

"Well answer it. I have to know what he wants," she smiled giggling. Damon wasn't one you wanted to piss off but then again he's changed thanks to Elena, his girlfriend. He was nicer and kinder than ever before.

"Hello Damon," I sounded happy. I heard him growl on the other line. I couldn't help but laugh. He was so cute sometimes trying to scare me. He knew it didn't work. He wasn't as scary as Nik and wouldn't actually hurt me.

"Charlotte, where the hell are you and why didn't you answer your phone?" He demanded. I heard in the background, Elena say make sure she's okay. I laughed to myself as Damon said, "What do you think I'm doing!"

"I'm in New Orleans and I was on a plane. I'll be back soon. Rebekah just wants to make sure her brothers are okay. Why she dragged me along? I don't know. Moral support." She gave me a look. This seemed to satisfy Damon.

"Stefan was worried about you," he stated matter-of-factly. Stefan was probably worried but he also wanted Damon to shut up. I shook my head and sighed. He couldn't even tell me he was worried. I don't know what I was expecting.

"Damon, I gotta go. I'll call you when we settle in okay?" He agreed and hung up. Rebekah burst out laughing. "What's so funny?" She just continued to laugh until we pulled into the old governor's mansion. Rebekah got out fast and I followed.

"Niklaus, you wanky back stabbing bastard," she yelled out. "Tell me what you've done with our brother!" Nik walked out smiling. He was up to something. He was easy to read if you knew him long enough. To others, the smile is everything's fine. To those who know him well, I'm planning something don't get in my way.

"No, need to yell. I'm sure he's chasing Charlotte declaring his love for her. Why not call her?" He then noticed me. He must've been focused on hearing what Rebekah was doing. His smile faltered a little. "Oh, hello Charlotte." I waved.

"Now what did you really do?" She was mad at him. She knew I would've called her if something like that had happened.

"Furthered my plan for fatherhood," he smirked and a girl that I met in Mystic Falls walked in. She had a small bump.

"What the bloody hell is that?" I pointed to the small bump. I was so confused. Vampires can't reproduce...Nik isn't just any vampire. He's a hybrid. He could reproduce. "Oh my God. Nik why didn't you use protection!"

Bekah looked at me as it dawned on her. "Shut up! That's your baby?" Her eyes stared at her bump. We couldn't believe it. An Original hybrid baby.

"I'm Hayley by the way and stop staring. It's uncomfortable," she held the baby bump protectively. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Elijah, what have you gotten yourself into I thought to myself. Suddenly I was slammed against the wall. My dark hair was in my face. My brown eyes were staring into the eyes of Nik.

"You didn't tell me about Marcel being alive," his grip tightened on my neck. I was fighting him. I was trying to escape. I didn't want to die because of this. Suddenly he was thrown from me. I saw Elijah standing there.

I held my neck as Elijah looked at me. "As curious as I am about her and Marcel Niklaus, I'm sure you won't get the answer if you kill her," his voice was cold. He thought I working with Marcel. I was offended.