I took off my jacket, before putting the egg under the water, digging my nails along the grooves, opening it again. I didn't hear any melody or wailing as I did before, frowning I paced up and down thinking before my cat jumped into the bath and going under, after the egg. I don't know why but my cat loves the water, were other cats hate the water, Lillian loves the water, don't ask why because I don't.

"Lily get out!" I shouted trying to pick up my cat who kept slipping from my fingers.

"Ahhhhh!" I screamed, falling into the bath, head first.

" An hour long you'll have to look."

I heard from the egg before coming back up to the surface, my ginger hair, curly as hell, sticking to my face as I glared at my cat who meowed happily at me as I sat in my bath, my clothes drenched from falling into the bath.

"I hate you at times." I muttered to Lily who just meowed back at me before jumping out of the bath and jumping onto a towel.

"However you are a very clever cat." I continued, as Lily rolled over on the towel, drying herself.

My cat is an absolute genius, I mean it found out how the egg works before me, and she found out how to dry herself with no help, if that's not a clever cat, I don't know what is.

I sighed as Lillian jumped down from the counter, collecting my wand with her teeth before walking back to me.

"Thanks." I mumbled to my cat, before she dropped the wand in my hand before walking off, playing the enchanted toy mouse, which I charmed so it ran away from Lily if she went near it, without having to wind it up.

I put the bubble-head charm on me which produce a large bubble around my head so I can still breath normally even though I have a bubble around my head.

I then went back, underwater and listened to the rest of the voice, coming from the egg:

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching, ponder this:

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past and hour - the prospect's black

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

I came back up, to see my cat sitting there with a piece of parchment and a quill which I had charmed so it wouldn't run out of ink. I smiled slightly before taking the bubble-charm off with my wand near me on the side.

"Thanks." I muttered to my cat, again.

I wiped my hand on the towel, near me before re-writing the song onto the parchment and giving the quill back and the parchment back to Lily, which she took happily before disappearing.

My cat is like a dog sometimes....

I shook my head at the thought before closing the egg, getting out of the bath, grabbing a towel on the side, wrapping it round my hair.

I grabbed my wand and muttered a drying spell my clothes and going out of the bathroom and back into my dorm to see my cat playing with the toy mouse again, the parchment and quill was now on my bed.

"Now just to figure what the riddle means now." I muttered, putting the egg on my desk.

I sighed before picking up Lillian, who curled up in my arms as I sat crossed legged on my bed staring at the riddle, stroking in between her ears.

Lillian's blue eyes watched me as I got a new piece of parchment before writing the first line of the riddle.

'Come seek us where our voices sound,'

"What could that mean Lillian?" I asked as I chew on the top of the quill, making it go a bit soggy as I started petting my cat who meowed and jumped and curled up on my lap, as I still scratched in between her ears.

"Well that means nothing." I muttered before writing down the next line.

'We cannot sing above the ground,'

"If they can't sing above ground then they must be under ground...." I muttered thinking where the place must be before looking out the window near me, seeing the Dumstrang ship floating on the Black Lake.

"MEOW!" My cat meowed, now sitting on my lap, looking were I was looking.

"The Black Lake!" I exclaimed before writing it down on the piece of parchment, happy I've made some progress.

Another meow from Lillian told me that I was right and that it was in the Black Lake.

I decided to write down the rest of the riddle instead of writing it one line at a time.

"So it's obviously one hour to complete the task." I muttered looking at the line 'An hour long you'll have to look,'.

"I'll think I'll come back to it after." I muttered before putting the parchment and quill on my bedside table before picking up my cat.

"Come on, we're going for a walk" I said and got a meow in reply.

I took the towel off my head, throwing it back in my ensuite, and on the floor before imagining my hair, the normal ginger colour, dry and straight before walking out of my dorm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have  edited the other chapters

musicismysoul