She hadn't heard from Luke other than a phone call the previous day, so as she was giving the boys breakfast, she was pleased when the phone rang.

                "Hey!" he breathed and in that moment she realised how much she'd missed him.

                "How are you? Did you win much last night?" She remembered his poker game.

He groaned, "I was hustling until the last hand, then threw it all in...Peter cleaned up. I was pissed! How was your night?"

She sat back on a stool watching the kids tuck into cereal as she relaxed, "yeah, went to a few bars with Phil. Had a long chat. It was good."

He laughed, "Jaako's girlfriend spotted you with 'an older man, hugging', think she was trying to turn me off you...I didn't see that in her until you pointed it out."

                "Women are evil manipulators Luke; it'd do you good to take note of that."

                "Stored in my grey matter!" He laughed, "You still ok for later? I can pick you up at seven?"

                "Can't wait!" She announced, and realised that she meant it. She really wanted to see him.

Seven couldn't come quick enough. When the children had a nap she painted her toenails, shaved her legs, and washed her hair. When Didi and Phil came home she had dinner ready for the whole family then disappeared for a nervous run. That meant all her preparation was in vain and needed repeating, but pounding the boardwalks and letting that adrenaline pump seemed to calm her down.

Why was she so nervous? She wondered as she took the second hot shower of the day. The aggressive jets pounded her body as rhythmically as she'd hit the pavement earlier, and second time around she had rediscovered the serenity that she'd had that morning.

She wore a dress she'd found in a charity shop that morning. Mid thigh length, halter neck, fitted but hopefully not too slutty. Chloe was desperate to make the right impression.

Phil paused from bathing the boys to give her a wolf whistle. "You look amazing! He's a lucky man!"

She smiled giving a twirl, "ya think?"

Didi was similarly enthusiastic as she sat beside Chloe watching her apply makeup. "You look great Chloe! If he wasn't already hooked you'd snare him tonight!"

Chloe turned and hugged her sister in law in an impromptu show of emotion, but she'd been feeling emotional all day. The out pouring the previous day obviously triggering a lot more than she imagined.

                "What's that for?" Didi asked with a smile.

She shrugged, "I guess I'm just really grateful for all you've done, you and Phil. I mean it must've been hell thinking that your husband's off-the-wall sister was coming to invade your house. But you've been so cool with me, and I don't think I've deserved it."

Didi laughed, "The boys love you and you're saving us a fortune! This is a mutual love hug, ok?"

Chloe nodded and reciprocated, but they were disturbed by a knock at the door.

Pulling open the door, Chloe met Luke' eyes and smiled at the look of wonder that washed over his face.

                "You look great!" Taking her hand he tugged her down the steps and into his arms. He wasn't looking too rough himself, he had a body that suited any clothes and the fitted shirt and jeans were perfect.

Smiling she let him pull her into an embrace, then returned his kiss with enthusiasm. Finally leaning back he looked at her suspiciously for a moment, surprised at her behaviour. She'd been so resistant until now.