Chapter 2 - A Date?

"So he was actually staring into your eyes?" chloe asked. "Yeah, but it felt like something... I don't know, I can't describe it" I said, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about him, he was like a mystery.
"I remember you telling me that if a boy stares into your eyes for a long time it means that they're flirting" Chloe said looking at me smiling, I started laughing. "Did you want to go to sit near the portable buildings? My bum is starting to get cold from the concrete."
We got to the portables and sat down still eating our lunch, we were talking in whispers because we didn't really want other people to know about my latest... crush? "So did you say much to him?" Chloe asked "well, I made a total fool out of myself, but apart from that, not much really, I'm now his partner and we have to do this music performance thing up the front of class." "Oooh I suppose that means some outside-of-school work then?" she winked at me and laughed. I bursted out laughing and uncontrollably snorted like a pig. It was so unexpected; I had never done it before! Which I suppose it just had to happen then didn't it. I looked up and Michael was walking past and smiled at me. By that stage Chloe was laughing uncontrollably as well. I grabbed her leg and she stopped laughing "what? You just really scared me." she asked confused "Chloe! Michael just walked past and I snorted like a pig!" Chloe started laughing again and couldn't stop, I was so embarrassed but I laughed anyway. Why does this day have to be so embarrassing?

The rest of the day went by like a blur, I couldn't even focus in class, it was the first day and I didn't even know him that well and I was busy daydreaming about him. It was 3:00 and the bell went to go home, I was so relieved the day had finished and I could get to see him again in the locker rooms. I walked out of the classroom and I saw Chloe walking past. "Hey, you know that guy Michael? He said he plays guitar, he's also in my English class." Said chloe, obviously she could tell I really liked him because she looked at me and laughed. "You're such a hopeless romantic" she said laughing. "I can't believe he plays guitar! That is so cool and amazing" I replied, I couldn't stop smiling; I was smiling that much my cheeks hurt. I really love guitars and the fact that he loves them too, makes it so much better.

My feelings were all over the place and it felt like my heart was floating. As I opened my locker, someone tapped on my shoulder, it must be Chloe. "Yes Chloe?" I turn around to face Michael. "Oh, sorry, not Chloe, Michael!" My cheeks turn red and he starts to laugh, his laugh was so perfect. I started to laugh as well. "Hey, sorry for surprising you, I was just wondering, because we have to learn this song maybe we could exchange numbers so that we could work on it out of school some time?" my heart fluttered. I looked over at Chloe and she was smiling and pulling faces at me, she's so embarrassing. "Um, yeah sure" I smiled and got my pen. "Do you have a piece of paper?" I asked. "No, sorry, you can just write it on the back of my hand, I don't mind" he smiled at me. I wrote it on his hand and he took my hand in his and wrote down his number. "There, we'll have to work out a date sometime" he said. "A date?" I asked smiling up at him. He started to laugh and his cheeks went red. "Well, you know what I mean." He got his bag out of his locker and swung it around his shoulder. "Well, see you then" he smiled and waved. The locker room was empty. I looked to my left and see Chloe and her boyfriend Brad standing there giving me 'the look' and I started to laugh. We walked up the road and I went to cross over to where my mum's car was parked. "Message me on Facebook!" I yell out and Chloe gives me the thumbs up. "At 4:00" she yells back.