Prologue

Prologue-

"Done! That was the last box," Bella announced to the group. Eden wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Welcome home girly."

"Finally we're living the dream Grace. Two best friends, living together with the awesomest parents in the world and the only thing that would make this better would be if my brother would put his shirt on," Eden stated. I look over to Jake who had taken his shirt off as soon as we started moving boxes, which really there weren't all that many.

Jake looks over to me with a smirk while saying, "Ah come on Eden, Gracie likes it."

"Sorry Jakie but I got to go with Eden on this one. No one wants to see you all gross and sweating," I say through my giggles.

Bella looked amused at all our banter. "Come on my children, pizza awaits." Hearing that the three of us ran for the truck hoping for shotgun. Bella and Max own a popular pizza parlor called Maxwell's Favorites. Max's parents opened it when he was little and lucky when Bella got pregnant they had something to fall back on, not to mention the Maxwell's were rich in oil.

"Oh what a glorious day!" Max exclaimed as we walked in. "My wife, my children! Oh they have returned to me." As he ran from the kitchen he embraced us all in a bone crushing hug sending Jake and I up against each other.

Bella, who was on the outskirts of the hug, was the first to protest, mostly because the rest of us couldn't breathe. "Max, honey, we love you and all but you saw us this morning and if we stay in the position any longer I think Jake would be cheating on Adley." With that Max let go, Eden laughed, I blushed and Jake left- went to the bathroom I assume.

"Well Max, seeing as Bella and the twins movedme in, your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to feed me the best damncheese pizza anyone has ever had," I said as I sat down at the bar. I met Jakeand Eden at daycare. They're a year and a half older then me to the date, wellEden is. Technically they weren't born on the same day. Jake was born at 11:56on January 22, of 1998, while Eden was born 12:34 on January 23, 1998. I wasborn on June 23, of 1999 but we're all in the same grade. My dad used to jokethat my mom could not handle one more day of crying so the second she could sheput me in school. I know the really reason now though, she simply needed to goback to work. After my mom passed, my dad dove into work to pick up the slackof not having her working. He began travelling a lot. First quick over nighttrips, then long weekends, then weeks, sometimes months. I stayed with theMaxwell's every time. Now I have 7months left of school and he has nine months left on the job, unfortunatelythis time the job was in Italy.