Chapter 2: Black and Yellow

Yang's POV

I sat up in my bunk as everyone else was asleep. I glanced over at Blake, peacefully sleeping with her book resting on her chest. I couldn't help but blush as I watched her sleep. She is just like a cat when she sleeps, I thought. I laid back down, then started to think about my kiss with Blake. I blushed more at the thought of it. I hope that I can kiss her again. Her lips were so soft. I thought.

Waiting for Blake to wake up, I decided to get some sleep myself. I snored rather loudly, knowing that it would probably wake Ruby up. Well, it woke Weiss up because I heard her footsteps. I just woke up again though, fixing my hair as I still looked at Blake. I felt my face turn bright red as I shook the thoughts from my head.

After all of us actually were up, we had to get ready for class. Booooring! I just sat there in class while Professor Port was telling us about the history of Faunus or something. I looked over to where Blake was: she was reading a book, but I couldn't see what she was reading. Maybe she's reading something romance-y I thought to myself. Luckily, I was not seated that far away from her. I wanted to talk to her, so I whispered, "Psst, Blake! Yo Blake." Blake looked over at me. "Hm? What is it, Yang? Do you need something?" I managed to switch my seat to be able to be next to her.

Blake's POV

I was reading a sequel to my second favorite book series. I covered the cover with a book sock so no one could see what I was reading. I looked beside me and saw Yang sitting next to me with a smile on her face. "Whoa, Yang. What do you need?" I asked in a confused manner. She was rather close to my face, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh, I just wanted to see if you wanted to sit together during lunch period." I simply looked at her. "Yang, we already sit together at lunch along with Ruby, Weiss, Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren." I could tell Yang was awkward and embarrassed by my response. "Oh yeah, right. I forgot. Welp, I'll just move back." With that, she got up and started to move back. "Hold on, Yang. Before you move back..." I trailed off. "N-nevermind. I'll tell you later." Yang simply smiled. "Oh, alright."

I went back to reading, but I hid my face behind the book. I didn't want anyone to see that I was blushing. I must've looked stupid in front of Yang, I thought to myself. I wanted to tell her about when we kissed last night, but telling her during class would be highly inappropriate. For now, I'll just wait until we have a moment alone. Just then, Professor Port dismissed us and I put my book away.

"Hey, Blake! Wait up!" I heard Yang say as I slowed my pace a bit. She had that smile on her face, like always. I could feel my cheeks become hot. Her smile...it makes my cheeks hot... "Uh Blake, you okay? Your face looks a bit pink." I was too afraid to tell her what was on my mind. "Y-yeah, I'm alright. Don't worry about it." Yang and I continued walking, the grip on my book tightening. No, don't tell her yet I thought to myself. I was afraid. I was too afraid to tell her what I felt. To tell Yang that I like her...more than just my teammate.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 3...