Meet Me on Thames Street

• Dedicated to To my lovely babes who have inspired me to continue writing. I love you all, fro

Time to lay claim to the evidence Fingerprints sell me out but our footprints' washed away from the docks downtown, It's been getting late for days and I feel myself deserving of, a little time off We can kick it, hang for hours and just mouth off about the world, and how we know it's going straight hell.”

Damn it Alex, calm the fuck down and get out there and rock the audience. 3 minutes until Showtime and his heart was racing, his breathing uneven. This was not supposed to fucking happen. What was supposed to happen is he would go out there, woo the audience, and do what he loved best. He would inspire people with his music and have a good fucking time.

What are you talking about? You don’t inspire people. They don’t really care about your music.

His heartbeat quickened. Cursing that voice in his head, he forced himself not to believe it. It wasn’t true.. was it?

“Alex, you okay man?” Jack looked at him with concern, frowning.

“Y-Yeah,” His voice was shaking. Why the fuck was his voice shaking? Why the fuck did he have to doubt himself like this? Why didn’t that voice go away?

“You don’t look so hot,” Rian came up and touched his forehead, “no fever.”

“I’m fine. One minute,” Concert mode. He could do this… right?

His three best friends grinned, dismissing his earlier behavior.

And like that, they all filled out onto the stage. Where they belonged. The crowd chanted over and over, “ALL TIME LOW, ALL TIME LOW, ALL TIME LOW.”

Rian took his place at the drums, Jack on his right, Zack on his left. He took his place in the center and gave a winning smile to the crowd before jamming to Somewhere in Neverland. And after that followed Lost in Stereo, Six Feet Under the Stars, If these sheets were states, Coffee Shop, Dammed if I do ya, Outlines, Time-bomb, Backseat Serenade, Therapy, The Reckless and the Brave, Weightless, and  of course, ending with kick ass Dear Maria.

There were jokes shared, bras, Jalex moments, insane fangirling, many “ALEX I WANT YOU.”’s and lots of kinky shit. One could consider an amazing night.

After finishing Dear Maria and giving all the thank you’s, Jack tackled Alex into a hug and then followed Zack and finally Rian, and they all fell to the ground laughing. The crowd cheered and cheered, and these were the kind of moments that Alex lived for. The ones where he could see that the voice in his head was wrong. His music did affect people, it meant something to them, and it was a wonderful feeling.

After finally managing to get Jack off of him, they all filed back out backstage, grinning and patting each other on the back. A bunch of “Good show!” “We are fucking amazing!” “Great job guys!” “Where’s the beer?!” flew around the room and Alex took the opportunity to slip out of the building through a door out back.

Smiling slightly, he walked a few blocks and looked around the city of Baltimore, Maryland. Home. There was nothing like playing at his hometown. Being back after traveling the world. Pulling on his hood of his Jagk hoodie, he crossed the street and found himself looking at the entrance of the Camden Yards ballpark. Smirking, he took a back alleyway, and climbed the ten foot fence, getting into the ballpark.

He grinned to himself as he looked at the park. Beautiful, like a lot of things in Baltimore. He made his way up the stands, all the way up to the very top, on top of the press box, where he could see all the lights of the city.

The lights were nice, calming in a way, and this was his little escape. He always made sure to come to his place at least once every time he was back home. No one ever came up and he enjoyed the time alone and the nice breeze the city offered at night.