Chapter 1

"Bye!" I called out to my co-worker, Michael, as I hung up my apron and walked to the door of the cozy, caramel colored cafe I worked at. Turning back to wave, I could see Michael's pink, highlighter hair sticking out from the door. He caught my eye and wiggled his pierced eyebrow. Laughing I rolled my eyes and turned back to the door.
          "See ya, Alex," Michael called as I pushed open the front door, making the little bell above jingle.
          I trudged up the steep hill of San Francisco's criss-crossing avenues to my favorite music store where I was meeting my best friend, Ashton. He had curly brown hair that was fun to play with and deep hazel eyes. His laid back, a care free attitude that had lead us to being friends, (that, and the fact that we had been neighbors since we were two). 17 years later, and we still knew each other like the back of our own hand.
          Brushing my wavy blonde hair out of my own hazel eyes, I stepped inside. I could hear a classic rock song quietly playing in the background. I fingered through their massive collection of CDs while I waited for Ashton to arrive.
          "Sup Alexa," said a voice behind me that was so Australian, I knew it could only be my best friend.
          "Hey!" I exclaimed, reaching to slap his shoulder, but knowing I hated my real name, he dodged so my hand ended up sending a stack of CDs while flying. "Look what you made me do!" I giggled, as I tried to start cleaning them up. Glancing from my hands and knees I could see my Aussie friend standing there laughing, clutching his stomach, and bending over like he was in pain.
          "Who's making all the ruckus out there?" asked a voice from the back room. Calum, the artsy musician who worked there emerged from his hiding spot, smiling when he saw us. "What'd you do now, Alex?" Calum smirked, rolling his brown eyes. After seeing what I had done, he sighed and comed his hand through his black hair.
          "Sorry," I started to explain, giving Ash a death stare seeing as he was still laughing.
          " No problem," Calum kept me from going through a long explanation, since I tended to ramble a bit. "It'll give the new intern a chance to realize what you're like," he joked. "LUUUUUKE!" Calum called to the back room. "Come out here, we, uh, have a bit of a situation here."
           A blonde tuft of hair ducked into the door frame, revealing a blue eyed boy with a lip ring that seemed to be eight feet tall.
          "Yeah, what is it, Cal Pal?" the apparent, Luke asked, coming into full veiw showing his Nirvana shirt and ripped black skinny jeans. Ashton and I suppressed our laughter as we heard Calum's nickname.
          "Well, Dr.Fluke," Calum was turning beet red by now. "First, I want you to meet my friends, and frequent customers Ashton and Alex" he motioned to us. "and secondly I would like to show you the kind of thing Alex does," he pointed to my mess on the ground.
          Luke smirked, showing adorable dimples in his cheeks. Whoa, where did that thought come from, I asked myself realizing what had just entered my mind. Slightly shaking my head, I forgot about it and turned to apologize once again.
          Knowing what I was about to do, Calum raised his hand, motioning me to stop. "Don't worry about it," he reassured me. Smiling to him in thanks and saying bye to Ashton and Luke, I left out the door and walked through my home town of San Francisco.

This was the first chapter and it is kinda late so sorry if there are mistakes. I hope you like it. Vote and comment.