My hands were balled up and we're waiting to be used to collied with his face at any moment. But for now, they were resuming their position.

She held out her hand and joined hers with his, "go ahead and go upstairs. This was a warning, next time learn to obey me and keep the sass to yourself. Got it?" He said looking at the both of us.

"Yes, Daddy Brady." We both said in sync.

"Ah, music to my ears." He said smiling and chuckling to himself.

I was absolutely sickened at his behavior, but I wouldn't be in this situation again. So I would continue to do as I was told as long as I was staying there, which wouldn't be long.

[Camila's POV]

I couldn't speak, I was scared. Lauren was right, something was wrong with Brady, he was sick in the head. I couldn't believe after everything I've put Lauren through, she sacrificed herself to try to save me.

What did I do to deserve her?

We headed up the stairs, through the kitchen, up the next flight of stairs, and back into our room.

I sat on my bed, with my bag clutched to my chest like earlier. "Thank you, Lauren." I said with a tear falling down my cheek.

Lauren walked towards me and sat next to me, "no problem, Camz. I'm always going to protect you."

She was now rubbing my knee, that always comforted me for some reason. My heart warmed up at the thought of Lauren actually caring for me, even when I didn't deserve it.

"I never doubted you, Lauren." I smiled.

We looked each other in the eye and just sat in admiration of one another. I felt myself leaning in closer to her by the second, I noticed her to the same. Our breathing became heavy, so heavy that it was almost embarrassingly noisy.
Lauren's hand slowly shot up and made its way to my cheek, her thumb was near my lips while the other fingers were near my neck.

Her eyes were slowly closing, mine did the same. The tension was completely obvious, but we were both waiting for each other to make the first move.

I honestly would've kissed her without all of the tension build up, but that was before I hurt her. I had to take things slowly if I wanted them to become normal once again.

"Camila.." Lauren whispered.

"Yes, Lauren..." I shakily whispered back.

She gulped and licked her lips, "please kiss me."

I took a deep breath and went in for the kiss, our lips touched, and it felt like falling in love all over again.

I savored her lips, they were full and moist. Our kiss was soft and delicate, I felt the pain vanish out of my body, and it was quickly replaced with numerous amounts of butterflies. The feeling was familiar, but I've been deprived of it. Deprived of love.

These past couple of days have been filled with torture, agony, pain, sadness and heartbreak. But Lauren made it all go away. She made me feel as if I had no cares in the world, I loved the feelings she left on me.

Lauren would forever have an important impact on me. Whether we were together or not, she left something on me. Something that nobody else, no matter how hard they tried could ever be able to give me.

I was in love once, but being with Lauren made that so called love look pitiful. I was in love with someone who was more in love with hurting me than anything else. Lauren had genuine love and feelings for me, they weren't forced, nor fake, they meant something to her.