Making Things Right

Metilda wanted to see that John wouldn't go back to doing the things he was and even though she didn't tell him that, he knew it. So everyday after work he would go to the store and buy her something new each time, her favorite perfume, movie, music CD, clothing, etc. You name it, he bought it. At home, he would help clean, cook, do laundry, take care of Louis, etc. He tried his best to make it all up to Metilda. He even had Manner transferred to a police station in southern New Jersey. He changed his phone number, and bought his family a new house on the other side of town so that Manner wouldn't be able to find them. Everything that reminded John and Metilda about the past, they got rid of by selling, pawning, throwing away or burning them. They started their new life together on new terms, new boundaries, new memories, everything.
Seeing everything that John has done to change and make things right, Metilda also started to change. She changed the way she looked at him when he came home late and didn't tell her that he was going to be late. She started eating again, everything that she had stopped doing because of the situation with John, she started doing again. Not for her sake or for John's but for Louis and her family's sake.
John quit being so overprotective of Metilda. Reed Smith and John started to get along great, no disputes over Reed being around Metilda. As for Mark, things between him and John are all patched up (get it , patched up, because Mark works in a hospital, haha).
As the days go by, Louis got stronger and with the help of Metilda, John, and a speech teacher, learned to say words correctly and to speak sentences correctly. Their family grew closer and closer with everyday that went by. Tara and Jai, along with a lot of other people, saw them as the "picture perfect family". They went on more outtings together, out to dinner more, they did everything together as a family. Yes, the still had their arguments, fights, disputes, and interruptions, but they worked and fought through them together. They even sought help from a marriage counselor and from a pastor who was recommended by the counselor. They confided in each other and in the counselor (only when they both felt like it was needed) for help with things that they thought was going wrong in their life. Eventually, John and Metilda got remarried and had written their own vows to each other, to show not only themselves but to show their friends and families that they could, would, and will do this, no matter what it takes.