Chapter: 2 Emily JoAnne Carlson

Start from the beginning

After tying the horses up to one of the small fence like thing Zach built, I went and sat next to him on one of the chairs, facing the big willow tree.

After a couple minutes of silence, Zach looks down at his lap and states, "I miss dad so much, sometimes it feels like it's all just a big nightmare and we'll wake up from it." He looks up at the sky, "I mean, how could such a good guy, good father, good husband, good everything, just be ripped from his life within seconds?"

I looked at him with a daze. I've never seen him this way. It's the first time he's ever talked to anybody about dad. He's staring deeply at the willow tree now and states, "sometimes I wish it were me that died and not him." He slowly lifted his head and looked up.

I look over at him, his jaw is clenched, and he's staring deep into thought. "I still think the driver that caused the accident to happen, should have died." He whispered softly more to himself.

I stare off back at the tree, but I get so lost in thought it was like it wasn't even there. I turn my head to face him. "Zach I don't even know what to say. I mean I get it, I understand how you feel." I look back at the tree and softly say, "I really do understand."

It was quiet for what felt like forever. "So about that girl that I was talking about earlier today. Can we talk about that now?" He rubs his hands together, and looks over at me.

"Yes. We can talk about that girl now." I said shaking my head and chuckled. "First tell me about her. What's her name? What's her style? What's her personality like? What's her favorite class?" I move to get comfortable in the chair, I end up sitting criss-cross or Indian style on the chair.

He looks at me with a smile. "Her name is Emily. Emily JoAnne Carlson. She has a casual look. Skinny jeans, flats or boots, and either a sweatshirt, t-shirt, or plaid shirts. And she always has a small necklace on, of a diamond filled heart. Her hair is naturally straight and she usually keeps it that way." He pauses for a moment and shakes his head, like he was trying to get focused again. "Her personality." He looks up at me and runs his hand through his messy hair, "boy, she's amazing. She is quiet majority of the time. She's the kind of girl that most guys are scared to go up to I mean she's absolutely gorgeous and her laugh is like angles.."

"Okay. Okay. That has absolutely nothing to do with her personality hot shot. What does she look like?" I smile at him. He laughs.

"Okay first of all, her favorite class is math. I think. Okay." He stops and looks like he's in thought for a second. "She has straight strawberry blonde hair, she has beautiful deep sea green eyes, like almost like mine but brighter and darker and way more good looking." He chuckled. He rubbed the back of his neck. I can't believe he is this nervous and he's talking to ME, his sister, about a girl. " She is cute and small, she has a healthy figure, I mean she isn't skinny, she isn't fat, and she isn't manly fit she's I don't know perfect. Oh and she has the most adorable small nose.."
He quickly looks at me and blushes. "Sorry I got a little carried away."

I laugh. "Zach it's adorable to see how much you like this girl. Have you talked to her yet?"

"No."

"And why not?"

He sighs loudly. "I don't know. I'm scared to Bella. What if she says she's not interested?"

"It's not like your asking her out yet. It's just simply asking her to be friends so you can get to know her more."

"Why are you so smart?" He looked at me, and gave me a death stare.

"I don't know. To help you I guess." I said while I threw my hands up in the air. We both laughed.

After a few minutes of silence he sits back in his lawn chair and sighs deeply and loudly. "So if I ask her to go to the fair with me this weekend, -as a friend-" he glances over at me," and if she says yes, what should I wear? How should I act? What should we do?"