Chapter 10 The Message

Steve was catching his ricocheting shield when the video began in front of him. When he looked over at it, he was horrified. There was Bucky, unconscious and bleeding strapped to an unusual machine. Steve was sure though, that it was a brainwashing device. Red Skull had a sick grin on his face and began talking.

"This, Captain is your precious Winter Soldier. I will activate my device if you don't fullfill my demands, within my time limit. I only need an "Iron Man" suit. It will take you one minute to get to my location. I will give you exactly one minute and fifteen seconds to get me this suit, starting when this video ends. You try any tricks, I will activate it early." The video ended.

Steve immediately took out his Avengers ID card and contacted Tony. He could barely talk. He was overcome with so many emotions shock, fear, sadness, anger.

"You see that?" he asked.

"I'm coming, go to his location, I have a plan," Tony responded, out of breath.
Even though Tony reassured him, Steve was still nervous. How could he not be? His best friend was about to lose all of his memories and become a weapon again, even worse a weapon for HYDRA. On top of that, when Tony says he has a plan, it means he has half of a plan. He ran full speed* to Schmidt's location. When he arrived, he had 22 seconds to spare. Johann hadn't calculated Steve's top speed. He must be really desperate, Schmidt thought. Surprisingly Tony was already there.
Steve instantly went over to help Bucky, "Gosh, Buck," he said, concerned. James had just started becoming aware of his surroundings. He heard the ripping of straps that he realized had been constraining him before, and some one was lifting him out of a seat he had been sitting in. He winced because he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder when the person moved his arm. Steve saw Bucky's pain and switched to his other side. He lead his friend out of the room. As soon as they left the area, Tony handed Red Skull Mark XXXXII**. Reluctantly, neither of them attacked each other. Tony made sure the missile on his shoulder was standing out, and he was also sure that HYDRA was ready to open fire on him.

*30mph in case you were wondering

**This suit was very useful to him, so he rebuilt it after turning the original into a large firework.