Beneath the Soil and 'Neath the Sand

ابدأ من البداية

Ron wasn't the only person who was uneasy. Hermione was on edge and even Harry was a bit uncomfortable. Maybe this wasn't the best idea, so we left. As soon as Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, though nobody ever called him that, was done parading harry around, we were out the door as quick as possible. We were hoping the situation was going to get better, but we thought too soon.

Ron was still hopeful that we could go to the feast, and none of us were against it, so we headed in that direction, only to change courses and follow some mystery sound that only Harry could hear. Then, we saw something horrible.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED.

ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE

"What's that thing --- hanging underneath?" asked Ron, at little jittery.

The entire sight was grotesque. The words written in blood dripping into a puddle blood diluted with dirty water. Underneath the phrase was Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat. I couldn't tell if it was dead or not. It left us frozen in shock.

"Let's get out of here." Ron said with the same voice as earlier.

"Yes," I agreed, "We weren't involved in this. If we stayed here, we might be caught."

"Shouldn't we try and help-" Harry started.

"Trust me. We don't want to be found here." Ron said quickly.

Unfortunately, we didn't get out on time.

Students poured out of the Great Hall, very loudly mind you, only to be stopped in their paths by the sight of the bloody words, the cat, and us. The other students quickly became silent. It was only broken by the king prat himself.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next Mudbloods!"

"I swear Malfoy, I will break your face if you say that word again!" I yelled.

I started walking up to him, but that as interrupted. By Filch of all people.

"What's going on here? What's going on?" Filch said

He sounded a little excited to get a bunch of students in trouble, but that changed when he saw his cat.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" He shrieked.

Then, he looked at us. Well, more specifically, Harry.

He apparently believed that Harry killed his cat. That was probably the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. If anything, I was more likely to kill his cat. I'm the one who doesn't like cats. Anyway, the situation would've gotten out of hand if Professor Dumbledore didn't show up.

"Come with me, Argus," he told Filch, "You too, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger, and Miss Black."

Then the purposely color blind idiot decided to involve himself.

"My office is nearest, Headmaster... just upstairs... please feel free-"

"Thank you, Gilderoy," Dumbledore said, dismissing him.

The crowd split and we headed to the Lockhart's office along with Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape. I don't know why he came. He wasn't our head of house and we weren't going to his office. He just wanted to involve himself in the situation.

The beginning of the conversation was just Filch complaining about Harry killing his cat only to find out his cat was not dead, just petrified. Obviously, there was some Lockhart adventures in the middle because he doesn't realise that nobody cared. Then he proceeded to tell Harry and announce publicly that he was a Squib. If it was such a secret, then why did he just let three more students find out about it? People can be so stupid sometimes. Then, Professor Snape, who really had nothing to do with it, decided to add his two sickles into the situation. It wasn't damaging, but it wasn't helpful either.